Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Content writing

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by deanaov View Post
    Modifying a content and claim it as your own is a form of duplication. It's already revealed by the new algorithm (Google Penguin) that all duplication or spun contents are penalized. Google use top-notch tools to determine if your contents are original and fresh. In fact, duplicating a content is a waste of time. Spinning an article into multiple versions requires too much effort. However, its value in SEO is zero. That's why; choose another technique to rank higher in search engines. One technique is to take time in converting an article into an instructional video. For example, if your article talks about "How to Gain Weight" and is 1000-words long, come up with a video that is creative and original. You might consider showing an inspiring transformation of a person from a skinny kid to a brawny tennis player who is ranked 20th in the world.
    Although I understand that SEO tends to overlap into content, in this forum we won't be discussing SEO. Any future posts targeted toward SEO discussions will be deleted. There are many legal and ethical reasons why "not" to duplicate content. Let's use the content section to discuss them and leave SEO discussions to the Internet Marketing forums.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rephrasing articles is not OK, If you have knowledge about that topic, you can spinning article and post it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to clarify my removed post. To me, plagiarizing an an existing article is wrong. Spinning an article (ie. using software to alter a piece of work to change its uniqueness) is also wrong. Taking existing information and creating content based on the research that you have done and information that you may already possess is not plagiarism.

For example, if I am writing about a current news event (an earthquake for example) there are so many ways that I can describe an earthquake. I can call it a seismic event, but that is about it.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is no doubt that content writting weighs a lot on SEO, but it is a lot of work and hard to control. I write articles everyday about the company and products, however, the information is very limited. Thus I turn to news or analysis about the industry, and then translated them.
    I view it very useful, and if you stick to it,the award is huge.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trident252 View Post
    Just to clarify my removed post. To me, plagiarizing an an existing article is wrong. Spinning an article (ie. using software to alter a piece of work to change its uniqueness) is also wrong. Taking existing information and creating content based on the research that you have done and information that you may already possess is not plagiarism.

For example, if I am writing about a current news event (an earthquake for example) there are so many ways that I can describe an earthquake. I can call it a seismic event, but that is about it.
    I certainly agree with what you're saying and I'm glad you came back to clarify. Your first post was a bit confusing when in one part you say that plagiarism and spinning are the same, but then talk about original content.

True, an earthquake is an earthquake and "wind storm" doesn't cut it for tornado. However, using the same word that another has used isn't plagiarism. Black hat spinning is taking sentences and rearranging the words or could I say "rearranging the words of a sentence is a type of plagiaristic spinning". If another author had written that first phrase, the second would be a 'derivative work', which is a form of plagiarism.

If we must talk about spinning, I'd like to see a discussion of spinning one's own articles. That's the white hat way. Not re-purposing work that another writer has done. Unfortunately wanna-be writers and plagiarists have given the phrase "article spinning" a bad name.

Several years ago, a client wanted articles on skiing so I did the research and wrote one long article, from which I "spun" three articles on ski equipment, ski health, and ski resorts. That is how writers have "spun articles" for decades: thoroughly researching one topic and using that research to write articles for several different uses, or even better, different publications.
    Linda Jenkinson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can use the information but see to it that it is not duplicated. You can share the information in a different way with a different point of view.

But still google encourages purely unique content. If you find it difficult, write only on topics of your interest, this can help you creating a unique article. I am a content writer and i do the some. I am satisfied that i am not cheating my clients.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shyflower, I'm seeing that you're really making it a point that this thread is just for content writing and not for SEO, and I have nothing against that. I'm just saddened by the fact that there are still some who mention SEO without explaining how it's related to content writing and all that. I do hope that this would continue as a good and, as much as possible, SEO-less thread.

Anyway, I've seen some posts here that are talking about article spinning. I remember an example back then when an article about a city in Utah was processed through a spinner. It ended up being "Sodium Body of Water Town" instead of what we all know as "Salt Lake City". If you're going to use a spinner just for the sake of creating "unique" content, you're wasting a lot of time, and perhaps money in case that's one of your goals. Some would give you a tip on how to use the spinner in a good way, though. I remember a tip saying that you can use it as a thesaurus. Yes, just that; it's for replacing some of the words that you want to replace. Oh, and take note: you're going to use this on YOUR content BEFORE you actually post it anywhere online.

Don't get me wrong, okay? I don't really support spinners, because I like my stuff written in my style. It's better that way because it's my persona I'm building. If you're going to need a good thesaurus, there's always the good ol' word processors that we have.
    Are you willing to become an SEO reseller?
    Work with a 100% white label SEO company today!

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraldNitram View Post
    Shyflower, I'm seeing that you're really making it a point that this thread is just for content writing and not for SEO, and I have nothing against that. I'm just saddened by the fact that there are still some who mention SEO without explaining how it's related to content writing and all that. I do hope that this would continue as a good and, as much as possible, SEO-less thread.

Anyway, I've seen some posts here that are talking about article spinning. I remember an example back then when an article about a city in Utah was processed through a spinner. It ended up being "Sodium Body of Water Town" instead of what we all know as "Salt Lake City". If you're going to use a spinner just for the sake of creating "unique" content, you're wasting a lot of time, and perhaps money in case that's one of your goals. Some would give you a tip on how to use the spinner in a good way, though. I remember a tip saying that you can use it as a thesaurus. Yes, just that; it's for replacing some of the words that you want to replace. Oh, and take note: you're going to use this on YOUR content BEFORE you actually post it anywhere online.

Don't get me wrong, okay? I don't really support spinners, because I like my stuff written in my style. It's better that way because it's my persona I'm building. If you're going to need a good thesaurus, there's always the good ol' word processors that we have.
    Here's the thing... You can't research a topic or become well-grounded in it by reading just one article. If you want to write good unique articles that visitors want to read and (I Hate Saying This) search engines want to place highly in their indices, you need to research your topic thoroughly. When you do that, your chances of mistakenly plagiarizing are far less as well. It's more work but it's a win-win for all: original authors who's works you cite, your visitors, and your credibility as a writer. Using a thesaurus to change words is just another way to make a derivative work. Of course, you can do that to your own stuff, but somewhere along the line you will lose the quality. If you're using the right words the first time around, then any other words are superfluous.
    Linda Jenkinson

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today many sites provides more and more information, but all information to be same without any difference, so first of all for content writing every one remember some things those are
    1)Content should be unique, simple, effective, easily understandable way for every user.
    2)Content should be in our own words.
    3)Content should be contain some links to other sites.

Non-Member
    CollegeofContent.com is available everywhere.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by satseo View Post
    can we modify other-ones content to make a unique content..can google will treat as a unique content?
    if the article you are modifying has PLR rights to it in which they allow anyone to make modifications to, the suggestion is that you would rewrite the entire article in your own words, submit it to any article directory, and wait for potential approval. The good thing about doing this is that PLR articles with open rights to it have most likely been researched and have the necessary information in it. All that's required on your part is to rewrite it as unique as possible in your own words and style.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CollegeofContent View Post
    if the article you are modifying has PLR rights to it in which they allow anyone to make modifications to, the suggestion is that you would rewrite the entire article in your own words, submit it to any article directory, and wait for potential approval. The good thing about doing this is that PLR articles with open rights to it have most likely been researched and have the necessary information in it. All that's required on your part is to rewrite it as unique as possible in your own words and style.

Oh yes, why do your own research and come up with your own ideas when you can so easily re-hash someone else's? Of course, that means that you should be a better writer then your PLR author; better able to find the correct words to convey your points-- oh excuse me, the other author's points -- better at choosing a proper format, better at organizing the ideas in the original article, otherwise you'll just end up with re-sculptured trash.

The point is, if you are going to rewrite another's article, whether or not you have the "right" to do so, you are in effect handing your readers already-been-chewed gum and suggesting they chew it again. If you want to keep readers returning to your site, don't give them left overs. Cook up something fresh.
    Linda Jenkinson

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a content writer you should not to steel other one's content. first of all collect the raw material of content for the site or product for which you should have to write. Raw material means collect the keywords related your product or site...and then take these keywords and try to make your own content...just keep in mind what you have to write, then be confident and just write..............
    <snip>
    Last edited by TechnoBear; Jun 29, 2012 at 04:29. Reason: Please wait 90 days for a real signature

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

If you are using the content of other people & after modification you want to publish it then Google treats it as a copied content. As a content writer you should not to steel other one's content.
    There are lots of free article writing sites are available on internet but they just only create synonyms of the words , seems non effective.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Since this thread is over 6 months old and the topic has been roundly discussed here and in other threads in this forum, it's time to close it.

Thread closed.
    Linda Jenkinson