SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 89

Thread: Content writing

  1. #51
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,053
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VideoWhisper View Post
    Most people don't have patience to read articles. You can easily write your content as short lists and phrases without need of a copyrighter.
    Oh contrare! People do have the patience to read articles they find interesting and good copywriters (notice the spelling) know how to write articles that are styled to capture and keep the interest of the web visitor. Well written business pages also include several calls to action, which are essential in converting readers to customers. That's something you can't do with a bunch of lists and short phrases.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

  2. #52
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes off-course you can make it unique one. but all lines must be use some synonyms and grammar use with your own ways.
    Add your Own views also and your services etc.

    than Google read it unique content.

  3. #53
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,053
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RusselsP View Post
    Yes off-course you can make it unique one. but all lines must be use some synonyms and grammar use with your own ways.
    Add your Own views also and your services etc.

    than Google read it unique content.
    Quite frankly, this form doesn't care much about Google. This forum is here for our members to get help in writing content for their web visitors. Google will never convert from a visitor to a customer and their reps have said over and over again to write for the visitor, not for search engines. That's what we're working on here.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

  4. #54
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should read the relevant content or article but should try to write in your own words to make the unique content. It will be good approach if you collect relevant ideas or material but write in your own words because Google also prefers unique content. So, we should avoid from duplicate content.

  5. #55
    SitePoint Guru bronze trophy TheRaptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    710
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriamichael View Post
    You should read the relevant content or article but should try to write in your own words to make the unique content.
    A writer should also come up with unique ideas and not ride off of someone else's thoughts.
    TheRaptor - Joe

  6. #56
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,053
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by victoriamichael View Post
    You should read the relevant content or article but should try to write in your own words to make the unique content. It will be good approach if you collect relevant ideas or material but write in your own words because Google also prefers unique content. So, we should avoid from duplicate content.
    I wonder if you read the post directly above yours? The reason to avoid duplicate content isn't because of Google. It's because copy/pasting or rearranging an author's work is illegal. It's called plagiarism.

    To repeat: This forum is not for discussions of Google. We discuss how to write for human visitors here. That is our focus.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

  7. #57
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't do that its plagiarism..I would write my own or pay a professional copywriter to do it.

  8. #58
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,053
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by calflowers View Post
    I would not recommend that because Google will definitely not index your article. It's better that you create your own original content then spin it and submit to sites.
    And more importantly, as mentioned before, modifying another's content is plagiarism and it's illegal.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

  9. #59
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Shyflower. It's illegal. I always create my own posts.. You should read other forums/blogs related to your niche to get motivation for writing.. That's how I always do it!

  10. #60
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chittagong, Bangladesh
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    re-write content also will be called copyright content?

  11. #61
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,053
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by emtiazraz1 View Post
    re-write content also will be called copyright content?
    Rewriting content is called "creating a derivative work." Rewriting your own content is fine. Rewriting someone else's content is plagiarism unless you have the permission of the copyright holder to do the rewrite.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

  12. #62
    Wired Life GeraldNitram's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    274
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bingo. A relationship building technique has been spotted. When you create derivative works, you ask permission from other people before making it live. I know this isn't related to the thread, but this can be used as a list building technique and even a link building technique. I wouldn't go into that because there are already a lot of threads in the Internet Marketing subforum about those, so just check 'em out.

    Anyway, asking others for help is always an option. You don't have to force yourself to write something new everyday. When you ask others, it's effectively creating a connection between you and him or her. If he or she likes your derivative work, there's a chance that he or she will spread the word about what you've done.
    Are you willing to become an SEO reseller?
    Work with a 100% white label SEO company today!

  13. #63
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,053
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeraldNitram View Post
    Bingo. A relationship building technique has been spotted. When you create derivative works, you ask permission from other people before making it live. I know this isn't related to the thread, but this can be used as a list building technique and even a link building technique. I wouldn't go into that because there are already a lot of threads in the Internet Marketing subforum about those, so just check 'em out.

    Anyway, asking others for help is always an option. You don't have to force yourself to write something new everyday. When you ask others, it's effectively creating a connection between you and him or her. If he or she likes your derivative work, there's a chance that he or she will spread the word about what you've done.
    You know, although your post is about SEO, I like it. That's something I had never considered -- asking to use a quote or create a derivative work as a way to link build. I imagine it would be very effective. If more web owners did that, it would make the web an overall better place. Thanks for the insight.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

  14. #64
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My main worry about employing a content writer for our specialist site is that in order to gain the product knowledge they need they will have to research competitors sites and if they are unscrupulous will copy portions. The problem is that it will be our site that is penalized.

  15. #65
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,053
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by backcarebeds View Post
    My main worry about employing a content writer for our specialist site is that in order to gain the product knowledge they need they will have to research competitors sites and if they are unscrupulous will copy portions. The problem is that it will be our site that is penalized.
    If you hire a writer, give them a small project with just a few pages. Check their work through copyscape. If it's on the web, it will show up there.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

  16. #66
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyflower View Post
    If you hire a writer, give them a small project with just a few pages. Check their work through copyscape. If it's on the web, it will show up there.
    We are just learning to stand on our own two feet after an SEO company spammed the web on our behalf so you can understand if I'm over cautious. Thanks for the advice that is a nice simple tool.

  17. #67
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Ra'anana, Israel, Israel
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As many have already stated in previous reply's. Using content from another site is not a good idea; for many reasons. However, sometimes you you have no choice but to use duplicate content; when writing about specs or when using specific niche related technical jargon. If you don't know the subject matter then you have to research, visit as many sites as possible to build up a knowledge base of the related subject matter. Use tools like google alerts to see what are the latest discussions pertaining to the topic. The more you research the more understanding you will have, this allows you to then write about the subject matter, but in your own words. Based on knowledge and understanding. Writing original content on subjects that you don't know much about takes lots and lots of research. Or else you can just hire someone to write your content.

  18. #68
    SitePoint Zealot
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    113
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way to learn is to look at what the experts do if you are a novice ideas will never comes to your mind how can it when you don't have a clue? I always look at how others design their websites and what they write I then will use that information and make it in my own words or design. I am designing a website and came across a template very much like my design would that be stealing because my templates are very similar. It's a simple blue templates that anyone can do the same and with millions of websites out there the possibilities are there.
    Colorize Old Black and White Photos Photo Restorations

  19. #69
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Google will treat it as unique if and only if it does not contain any duplicate sentence. You can take ideas from other articles and blogs and write your own because that will be the best.

  20. #70
    SitePoint Guru bronze trophy TheRaptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    710
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richirich View Post
    Google will treat it as unique if and only if it does not contain any duplicate sentence.
    More importantly then if Google thinks your article is unique is the fact that if it's not you'll lose your potential audience. If they can get it somewhere else, why would they come to you?
    Last edited by TheRaptor; May 4, 2012 at 08:45. Reason: typo
    TheRaptor - Joe

  21. #71
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you can easily write an unique content with the help of copyscap tool. just change 2 or 3 synonyms in each line of content then automatically your content would be unique.

  22. #72
    SQL Consultant gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    r937's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    39,253
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriswatson View Post
    I think you can easily write an unique content with the help of copyscap tool. just change 2 or 3 synonyms in each line of content then automatically your content would be unique.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOooooooo.....
    rudy.ca | @rudydotca
    Buy my SitePoint book: Simply SQL
    "giving out my real stuffs"

  23. #73
    SitePoint Guru bronze trophy TheRaptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    710
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriswatson View Post
    I think you can easily write an unique content with the help of copyscap tool. just change 2 or 3 synonyms in each line of content then automatically your content would be unique.
    Thats a bit like stealing a car and repainting it so no one will notice. Unethical and if you happen to get caught, illegal.
    TheRaptor - Joe

  24. #74
    Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Winona, MN USA
    Posts
    10,053
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moriswatson View Post
    I think you can easily write an unique content with the help of copyscap tool. just change 2 or 3 synonyms in each line of content then automatically your content would be unique.
    You know, when I see something like this, I just have to wonder if you have read anything in this thread or any other before you posted. What you are suggesting is plagiarism, illegal, unethical and not something we condone in this forum. This forum is for those who want to learn to write, edit, and provide good content for their website visitors, not for those who want to learn to bend and break the law and learn how to scrape another person's content, which, by the way is that other person's intellectual PROPERTY.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

  25. #75
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    34
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by satseo View Post
    can we modify other-ones content to make a unique content..can google will treat as a unique content?
    Modifying a content and claim it as your own is a form of duplication. It's already revealed by the new algorithm (Google Penguin) that all duplication or spun contents are penalized. Google use top-notch tools to determine if your contents are original and fresh. In fact, duplicating a content is a waste of time. Spinning an article into multiple versions requires too much effort. However, its value in SEO is zero. That's why; choose another technique to rank higher in search engines. One technique is to take time in converting an article into an instructional video. For example, if your article talks about "How to Gain Weight" and is 1000-words long, come up with a video that is creative and original. You might consider showing an inspiring transformation of a person from a skinny kid to a brawny tennis player who is ranked 20th in the world.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •