User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please review Website Design

Hello Members,
    I am having a site website design, It is meant for designing, and redesigning for customer websites and making them visible in search engines. Kindly give your reviews regarding its services(I should include), Appearance, Navigation, i.e. overall. I am going to redesign it, only it will be your suggestion which will help me to make it awesome.
    Thanks in advance. I also request our moderators to give their valuable feedback.

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy Black Max's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoa. Maybe a different person would have a different reaction, but my first reaction to the site was, "WTF?!? Is this the web design site from the review, or a marketing site, or a linkfarm, or what?" You've got a very sophisticated, video-laden version of mystery meat navigation going on. In fact, the whole front page seems to be a meth lab of design features -- neato-keeno jQuery effects here, fancy faux-HTML 5 wraparounds there, a bunch of different fonts, little boxes that leap open and closed, etc. Again, it may just be my preferences and perceptions, but the site gives me of being hyperactive, hyperkinetic, diffuse, and unfocused.

I also have a big issue with a design firm's main page being written with a transitional doctype and still having 40 validation errors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting design but a little complex
    really what does this site do its not apparent on first few seconds

SitePoint Enthusiast Red Star Web Dev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For a quick glance, I have absolutely no idea what this website is trying to tell me, and most people aren't going to have the patience to try to figure it out.

You're definitely going for the kitchen sink here. There are some interesting functions in the navigation, but it's hard to parse out what's going to fly open, what's a button, etc.

Your backpages are a little bit better, but I don't get much of a sense of cohesion throughout the site. It seems like there's a lot of different styles here, and its more than a little overwhelming.

You've also got a lot of copy, especially on your various services pages. I just don't think people are going to read through all that stuff. I'd go through and streamline, cutting probably 2/3rds or so of the text and making the remaining copy clearer and more focused.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow ... I am really impressed. Specific and very unusual design ... clean, clear and undestandable! Colors and layouts are perfect. May be someone say there too many jquery o something like that - but I really think everything looks very proffessional!
    Best regards,
    Fokebox
    Submit your URL for free at Open Directory www.livewebmap.com

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great, I was expecting the similar feedback, can any one give me idea for designing its- "call for action"

SitePoint Enthusiast lucifertje's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's very very busy. I would focus on a few key elements that you want to have the visitor see.
    The rest is collateral.

As far as overall style it's ok but you seem to use a lot of different styles (WP style in the header, different cartoon styles here and there, pictures...)
    I would pick one style and stick with it. Just text and photo's seems most professional to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My first impression was that it is almost "hyperactive". I couldn't settle on one thing to focus on ... definitely too much going on on the home page. Having said that, I really like the choice of colours and the clean look it gives the site. Very important ... please slow down the testimonials. I am a fast reader and I only got through a third of a testimonial before it transitioned to the next one. I found this very frustrating and gave me the feeling that I really didn't want to look any further, but I wanted to leave the site right away.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a bit messy with too many types of navigation but I really like the "accordion" navigation at the bottom

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very busy but creative. I really like the Design but honestly it was not easy to understand what services your actually providing. I feel like you should highlight this. A "call to action" could be something like:

- Increase your visibility - Increase your sales - with our professional Search Optimized Web Design.

You could throw in words like Inspired, Innovative, Smart, Intuitive, Constant, In Demand, Premier, Premium, Strategic, Performance, Progress, Trend, Select, Creative, Priority, Effective, Quality, Vision.

Just a thought
    Best SEO Listings
    Don't choose - before reading reviews.

SEO Reviews | SEO List | Best SEO

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At first glance I was very unsure where to read or click. Its a bit overwhelming. I do like the hover animations though but Im thinking they can be incorporated in a way that is less stressful on the eye.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have made few changes: Kindly check http://www.cbil360.com/index2.html and now tell me is it giving clear picture about website?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey very nice website...i disagree with the posts above...it is different from others and looks very good and little bit of changes here and there will make wonders
    Contact form could have been better....you could go for a standard from with message included in it....make the width of chat, phone blocks etc 3/4 of the width of the website and include contact from in the remaining 1/4 width...Now the contact form goes unnoticeable...Just a suggestion

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sophisticated website.

However, there is a little confusion over the navigation links that appears after your top banner. Nice looking though, hence you may consider adjusting position of links to differentiate one from another.

Your contact on the top is over-sighted. Make it prominent to encourage your visitors to reach you more effectively.

SitePoint Member efashionclothing's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You got nice design for your web site... using video on home page it is still faster loading
    good work

Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    214 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Anybody visiting with JavaScript disabled finds the text obscured by the images - not a very good first impression for a Web Design company to create.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very intriguing design

Hey, just saw your site and was very intrigued by it. You simply did not hesitate to break some rules. But it brings some problems along with it. Here's my breakdown:

• I really liked the color and the imagery on the slider, however the slider is really too fast.
    • Font treatment is nice, but lacks weight, almost everything is at the same weight, would love to see some bold fonts here.
    • Navigation can be much, much more cooler. The effect is nice, but the text treatment on the nav is just so simple that it's hurting the user experience.
    • "Cbil360 - Website Design Company" That ribbon effect, however cool and good looking is just too much there. I would suggest moving it downwards.
    • Contact Form. It is great that you have the balls to try this, but sometimes conventions are simply better. I'm saying this because a side by side form is a really hard thing to grasp as a user, and since you don't have much space there, it seems cluttered to me.
    • Instead you can move it to the contact page and replace that over-lengthy form on your contact page. Do you really need their phone number? Aren't you going to email them first anyways? And do theyou really need to select a department? Maybe they don't know which category they want? Or maybe what they want involves multiple departments? You really don't need that.
    • And by doing so, you can add a "Request a Quote" call to action on that recently emptied up space on the homepage.
    • "Independant Account Executive Program" this just looks like an ad, but it isn't, and the contents are quite nice actually. By placing it at the top, you're simple killing it, and cluttering up the header at the same time. I would highly recommend presenting this as a different section in the content down below.

Hope it's not too heavy, first time commenter =]

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's too complex to me
    I'm confuse about the navigation
    Too many type of fonts
    Point is....I'm confuse
    Where should I go ??

SitePoint Member Cheap-Websites's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being an webdesign company you should first give importance to your sites design which is not so attractive. Try changing the template.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was immediately lost also, need to simplify!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On first glance, I would not have been able to notice what your site is about had I not read your question. I quite like your clients slider at the bottom, but I feel the main feature of your page, with all the
    pictures and slide-out videos is slightly cluttered, and is kind of hard to look at because there's so much going on at once. However, lower down your page is much more relaxing to look at and gives a cleaner look to your homepage. I would suggest going with a simpler look to the top of your homepage.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very vague and ambiguous! Please think the concept through a bit more. Define the U.S.A. (unique selling advantage)...this will make or break you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I actually like the site. It's a bit different from others and the boxes are, I presume, an acquired taste, since some members here really hate them. Maybe I'd make the index page a little smaller (less content and more links to the details on other pages), but I still like how it looks. Don't know how much it helps your business (if the clients like it), but it's surely different than other portfolios.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like this site..good job!!

SitePoint Enthusiast Belsnickle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see a few issues with this site.

Your slideshow stands out more than your descriptions, this wouldn't be a bad thing if the slideshow grammar didn't seem to imply different meanings. First thing I see on load is what seems like a command or promise that I'll learn to design websites by partnering with you(as in it pitches as a teaching tool not a business that does the work for money).

The banner for Independent Account Executives also pops out because of it's colors. Obviously I understand what this means but the average person would not. Soft business speak tends to confuse and obfuscate issues, avoid it until they actually know what it is you're pitching.
    Your contact bar is a case of over designing the wheel it seems. It's clear what you were going for from a designer's perspective but, from a customer's it reads as an employee search bar to contact a specific person who's name, email, and/or phone number we already know.

There's a lot of general grammar issues. For starters you don't need Company after Web Design every time you describe the company, we(the generic user) are aware that this is a company and it can potentially come off as unintentionally slightly insulting. You'll want to get someone who's first language is English to help you write your site content, it shows and it looks really bad for people you're trying to sell your design expertise to.

Now all of that being said, you've got at least two very good looking sites there, maybe three assuming that the IAE thing isn't a sub-business type thing. The real problem, aside from the few textual ones above, is that you've sorta mashed two of these really potentially fantastic sites together into one home page. You could easily stop after the contact bar and have that be your whole index or start right before the contact bar and, again, have that be your whole index. Both are really good ways to introduce the site but, together it seems like you couldn't settle on what you wanted. It gives a feeling needless excess, that you can't concisely communicate your intent or purpose when with just a few changes you could use half the page real estate and have a very attractive design pitch or a very well designed mission statement.