SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unable to log into script admin page

I have installed and setup a php news content script for a client. It works a treat... well on every pc execpt his!

For some bizarre reason the client is unable to log into the control panel. I have tested it on at least 5 other pcs with no problems. Ahh, I thought, must be cookies, but on checking the pc concerned it is allowing cookies. It is also allowing scripts. Maybe a firewall is blocking access... nope, I uninstalled the firewall completely but still can't log in. I unistalled several other programs as well... no difference.
    Hmm maybe it's the browser? Upgraded to IE 6... still unable to log in. Even installed Netscape Nav and tried with that ... still no joy.
    I'm now at a complete loss.

I'm pretty sure it's not the script coz I have tested it with numerous other pcs. I have posted on the support forum for the script but they seem to be as stuck as me.

Would odbc drivers installed on his pc be the problem?
    Has anyone got any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This may sound a silly reply and I'm sorry if I'm insulting your intelligence by posting it...

But has he got caps lock on, or did he when he created the account / password. Sounds silly, I can't believe I'm posting it, but I have been stuck on problems like this for hours and realised it was just down to CAPS LOCK BEFORE, ITS REALLY REALLY ANNOYING!

ALSO IF YOUR CLIENT HAS A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE RUNNING ON HIS MACHINE IT MAY BE ENTERING TEXT DIFFERENTLY, IT DOESN'T NORMALLY EFFECT LETTERS ETC BUT IF YOU ARE USING ANY SPECIAL CHARACTERS IN THE PASSWORD THEN THIS COULD BE THE CAUSE OF YOUR PROBLEM, CHECK THAT HIS LANGUAGE IS SET AS ENGLISH OR WHATEVER THE PCS YOU ARE TESING ON USE.

Good Luck with the problem

Rick

P.s. sorry about the caps (me being silly) - annoying isn't it
    Rick

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately, it isn't that though. I have even set up other accounts for him to try... without luck. All pcs set to English... same as mine.