SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to be able to use Outlook Expres to send out my newsletter. I want to be able to keep an address book with all the names and e-mail addresses in it (or just e-mail addresses is possible) and when sending it I want it to show the e-mail address to which I am sending it to in the "to" field, instead of "undisclosed recipient" as it shows at present. I use the bcc field, but get the "undisclosed recipient" coming up. I don't mind if anyone suggests another e-mail program, as long as it is free and easy to use

------------------
    Methven Online - www.methven.org.uk

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm...

Do you mean that if I was subscribed, you'd want me to see MY name and email, but only mine?

If so, try one of the free perl/php/asp/* weblications to send out your newsletter. They're faster and more efficient, and an added bonus is that most are free

------------------
    Who the heck is Gen. Failure and why does he want to read my hard drive?
    Soon to come: Aspology.com

Kat's Meow Senior ******* WebKat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which ones are the best to use?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote/font><HR>From dv3: If so, try one of the free perl/php/asp/* weblications to send out your newsletter. They're faster and more efficient, and an added bonus is that most are free.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have tried a couple and haven't been happy so as my email list is small have just relied on Outlook...

I would rather use a separate program rather than Outlook for any newsletter that I send...

p.s. When I use /BCC in Outlook I get my email address that I am using in the TO: and FROM: lines.

------------------
    WebKat's PawPrints
    "Let's keep Ethics on the Web"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's ok folks, I'm using a cgi script from solutionscripts.com and am quite happy with it

------------------

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which script is it? I'm trying to set up something similar myself.

Thanks!
    Hatton Humphrey

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Saltire,

I had exactly this same problem before publishing my first ezine. Someone recommended an e-mail program called Calypso, which has a "Blind Send" feature that will do exactly what you want.

In general it is a pretty good program - very easy to use. You can import lists fron DBs really easily, as well as Eudora address books and messages. It will not do the same for Outlook/Outlook Express.

Calypso does cost $40 US (I think), but they give a 30 free day trial period. It is downloadable from www.mcsdallas.com. Try it out for free and see if it's worth it to you to buy. That's exactly what I did. The "Blind Send" function alone made it worth it. Hope this helps.

Brian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hatton, it's PowerList from www.solutionscript.com - it's a cgi script not a program, but you might like to try Calypso as BrianK suggests. Let me know what it's like!

------------------