Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You Surely got what I mean Ted.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Set your target audience by adding friends and posting on their walls. Also, make a gig or a contest. The first 100 likes will get a free entrance to .. or Like our page or follow us and get a chance to win a new iPad 3

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenPayales View Post
    Set your target audience by adding friends and posting on their walls. Also, make a gig or a contest. The first 100 likes will get a free entrance to .. or Like our page or follow us and get a chance to win a new iPad 3
    So then you have 100 people who like free iPads. What does that accomplish? Unless of course your business model is to keep giving away iPads.
    - Ted S

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can get potential clients through facebook by advertising on facebook and creating your facebookpage, you will get targeted clients.Regarding you should tweet something unique which is beneficial for searchers and your followers then they will become your customers.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenPayales View Post
    Besides Ted's point, wouldn't this actually hurt your business rather than give you more customers? Okay, I know this is coming from some sort of a pessimistic stand point, but there are people out there who will just join that "first 100 likes" contest just for the sake of the stuff that you give and never return again. If you're giving discounts, there's a chance that they'll avail your products and never buy from you again once the discounts are gone.

SitePoint Enthusiast mackyanderson's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyflower View Post
    Sending unsolicited messages on Facebook is just as much spam as sending unsolicited emails and a good way to get your account revoked. As far as how to increase your Facebook/Twitter likes and followers, there are already several threads discussing or that have discussed that issue. Please take the time to do a search and read through them.

HEADS UP: Any posts in this thread about how to increase Facebook likes or Twitter followers will be deleted and appropriate moderation action will be taken.
    "Sending unsolicited messages on Facebook is just as much spam as sending unsolicited emails and a good way to get your account revoked."
    I agree, there are so many person do this kind of strategy that really makes the normal using of Facebook get rid. Facebook is a way to connect for the person you know, If you wish to be known in facebook, why not trying the Facebook advertisements? It much more helpful than sending lots of e-mails.
    FACEBOOK | GOOGLE+ | TWITTER
    Los Angeles Injury Attorneys
    "Effective Lawyering and Proven Results"

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think what Steven meant is this trick can build public awareness about products or services or company that relatively new. It's only just to let people know, they may interested in your products or not. But personally I hate when some company posting/advertise on my wall, I'll delete it quickly.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can promote some of your products in twitter or facebook by offering some of them for FREE for a limited time.
    Recently, we try to get some clients by offering free <snip>personalized twitter backgrounds. Just one way of attracting (at the same time promoting brand name) clients.

Of course, just make sure that you can handle what you offer or else it will negatively affect your business
    Last edited by Shyflower; Mar 26, 2012 at 08:15. Reason: removed self-promotional link

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can promote your businesses and services in leading social media sites. It is fine. But, I think one should know how to do that to get a large number of traffic and potential clients. I think if you have a proper social media marketing strategy, it will be easier for you to use Facebook, Twitter or any other social media sites as platforms for online business promotion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyflower View Post
    Sending unsolicited messages on Facebook is just as much spam as sending unsolicited emails and a good way to get your account revoked. As far as how to increase your Facebook/Twitter likes and followers, there are already several threads discussing or that have discussed that issue. Please take the time to do a search and read through them.

HEADS UP: Any posts in this thread about how to increase Facebook likes or Twitter followers will be deleted and appropriate moderation action will be taken.
    Yes, that would do also. You could also create a fan page and let your friends like it, those who liked your page can view your updates and services.

SitePoint Enthusiast waynemorrise's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddessensm View Post
    You can promote your businesses and services in leading social media sites. It is fine. But, I think one should know how to do that to get a large number of traffic and potential clients. I think if you have a proper social media marketing strategy, it will be easier for you to use Facebook, Twitter or any other social media sites as platforms for online business promotion.

Some other says that the Social Media Marketing Strategies makes the Facebook environment get spammed? Can you prove to me that this thought was wrong? Thanks.

SitePoint Enthusiast VideoWhisper's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can suggest your clients to follow you on twitter and facebook for updates, offers.
    They could retweet, repost and their partners can get to you.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by waynemorrise View Post
    Some other says that the Social Media Marketing Strategies makes the Facebook environment get spammed? Can you prove to me that this thought was wrong? Thanks.
    You'll want to open a new thread and provide more information to get responses to your question.
    - Ted S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my point of view social media sites should be used for making branding of the company and engaging with the people! If maintaining the social media accounts has been done by having the main goal of getting clients, the chances of ruining the status in front of people may increase hence make sure to maintain and grow the image!!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've read an article yesterday that u should always post different articles of different social media sites because if u duplicate ur pages people need only to follow one of them.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howard112090 View Post
    I've read an article yesterday that u should always post different articles of different social media sites because if u duplicate ur pages people need only to follow one of them.
    More than that each network has a different audiance and method. Twitter uses 140 characters, references and hashtags but while short posts are good elsewhere, would you really want to stick with 120 (140 - RT room) on Facebook when you could use 200 to say it without the cuts? Then there's the media attachment... A photo is a link on Twitter but you can do an album on Google Plus or Facebook which have far better response rates than just text. It's all about optimizing to the community and the tool.
    - Ted S

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think stay with the basic is still the best solution, like writing useful content, video or images. But it will take a lot of effort.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian98 View Post
    In my point of view social media sites should be used for making branding of the company and engaging with the people! If maintaining the social media accounts has been done by having the main goal of getting clients, the chances of ruining the status in front of people may increase hence make sure to maintain and grow the image!!
    I too agree with you that social media sites can be used to promote brand and company values. In fact, most businessmen today are known to use social networking sites to share business updates to their clients, prospects, investors, stake holders and other well wishers.

SitePoint Enthusiast mobilegames's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    speaking from my own experience,I can say sharing works great when it comes to social networking sites.It not only gives you more friends (read clients) but also help you showcase your work.You can start with sharing pictures,videos and even jokes

SitePoint Member Twidium English's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You must correctly go near this problem.Because, quality information of - itis an advertisement for your business

SitePoint Enthusiast mobilegames's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Twidium English View Post
    You must correctly go near this problem.Because, quality information of - itis an advertisement for your business
    could you please explain what do you mean?

SitePoint Member Twidium English's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to say that an advertisement must be quality.Social web-sites it is an enormous ground for an advertisement.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By means of interacting in Social networks, there's always a possibility that you can get clients form it. For me, I do informal gathering of clients in Facebook, informal in the sense that I do not do direct marketing on it but it's just by chance a coincedence factor of acquiring possible clients.