Thread: Inlclude files

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Inlclude files

Can anyone please help.

Does anyone know how to view a web page prior to include files running. I need to find the code and the address of include files contained within a page, but obviously, once the page is browsed within IE the content of the include files is displayed and not the include code itself.

I'd be very grateful for any help, it's driving me mad.

Cheers,
    Steve

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am assuming you don't have any access to the files other than sending a HTTP request for them (i.e. FTP access etc)

If this is the case it looks like you could be stuck. As with all server-side scripting languages the file is processed on the server and only the output code is sent to the browser, the origanal code used to generate the page never makes it to the browser.

Other than hacking the server (not recommended, even if it is your server!) I don't know / have never heard of and ways that you could do this. For example functions like 'fopen' or 'fread' in PHP get the file from a HTTP request so these only get the output code.

I would try emailing the sites webmaster / support team etc with this issue. If it isn't a security risk to them they may give you the url of the file your after or send you a copy of the code you need - if you ask nice

Good Luck with whatever your doing, sorry I couldn't offer more help

Rick
    Rick