User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagewing View Post
    There are lots of great resources who dont dress business-style so I wouldn't worry about it beyond your personal/business needs. You should see what I'm wearing right now!
    +1, heck +10

More & more dressing down is the norm. There are tech companies that go as low as tshirt & jeans for an interview... the idea is to draw out personality and see if someone will actually fit the culture rather than seeing if they can fit into a suit they'll never wear for you again. Many candidates come in knowing the other options and with the full realization that this decision may get them passed over but you know what, for most it's worth it to find an actual fit. The market for developers is nothing like the market for manufacturing line employees... In most of California I could hold an auction for a good developer.

There's only two places I'll wear a full suit too anymore: weddings and funerals. Meetings, interviews, job offers, regardless of the company type are Jeans + Dress Shirt + Jacket. Truth is I don't really mind a suit, but it's just not a look I like so that is my "pro" image... and I run marketing & pr teams. Every now and then this comes up but AFAIK, I'm not taking a job because I can wear a suit, I'm taking a job because the company needs my skills and perhaps a new outlook on professionalism [much like I need style help to move past Northface].
    - Ted S

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why dont you hire freelancer from vworker ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're offering a maximum of $AUD 28,000 /year which is $AUD 13/hour, that is the reason why.

That's a joke, even a developer in India would slap you in the face (judging by the constant stream of spam and the prices they put in the emails I get). Unless the job is Part Time? This is not the 1990's, it's not 2000's, it's 2012, get with the times.

It doesn't matter what your job description says, it's what's on your website and the salary. Judging from all the applications I've read people don't read the job description... ever. You can listen to other business minded people like Sagewing (who is good for business advice) but he hasn't lived in the real world for a long time and has no idea what employees want.
    a new day, a new beginning
    never follow the crowd, the crowd is poor!

Life is short. Be happy today! silver trophybronze trophy Sagewing's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NetNerd85 View Post
    You can listen to other business minded people like Sagewing (who is good for business advice) but he hasn't lived in the real world for a long time and has no idea what employees want.
    My world seems pretty real to me!
    The fewer our wants, the nearer we resemble the gods. Socrates

SAGEWING LLC - QUALITY WEB AND MOBILE APPS. PREMIUM OUTSOURCING SERVICES.
    Twitter | LinkedIn | Facebook | Google+