SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are there any free hosting sites?

I'm not interested in free hosting for Wordpress.com or Blogger. I'm looking to install Wordpress.org- I already have a domain but just need hosting and want to get free hosting temporarily until I can afford a hosting solution.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have unlimited hostgator hosting and you can host in my account free until you feel you can switch to a seperate account. You dont want to spend anything.. A new blog in my account of 10/15 is not going to hurt me

Pls let me know

Thanks
    Save Money using the free printable grocery coupons x

Take the FUN justin bieber quizzes x

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I dont suggest you to try free hosting, try cheap hosting services of a reliable host such as justhost.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cutecankil View Post
    I'm not interested in free hosting for Wordpress.com or Blogger. I'm looking to install Wordpress.org- I already have a domain but just need hosting and want to get free hosting temporarily until I can afford a hosting solution.
    If you can avoid free, I would do so at all cost especially for a blog. It is going to be a nightmare to migrate from a free hosting provider to a paid hosting provider. You can get web hosting from $3/month these days.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Free hosting is not for serious players. Free hosting is prone to limited space,bandwidth and resource usage .

Rather than free hosting ,you can can for Cheap hosting plans

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a look at Awardspace. They have both free and paid hosting

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say hostgator or godaddy's 3 dollars a month is practically 'free'. try them.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have bad experience using free hosting service
    the server is down many times, so i can't access my website
    just try to citohost.com, it's just $10/year using coupon code
    or ufohost.net only $7,5/year using coupon code
    search the coupon code at webhostingtalk.com

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want free and you have a blog, why not go with a specialized blog hoster like blogger or etc?
    My advice is to really keep to paid hosting. I started off the same way you did and I went with paid hosting and got a free domain as well. The shared plan was more than enough for my needs and the domain made a huge difference.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Godaddy is charging 3$ per month for hosting and Its practically free.So,try it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hostgator has some pretty good deals. When I first signed up, I used a coupon code to get the Baby Package free for a month!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what about just $2/year ...? i think this very much better than free hosting
    check it out at webhostinglobby.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    50webs is the best free host.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy ldcdc's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be very concerned about the sustainability of $2/year hosting, probably even more so than ad-funded "free hosting".
    HostPeek.com - budget hosts, compared
    CouponsNexus.com - web hosting coupons

Ultra Cheap Hosts | Web Hosting Reviews Forums

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've very bad experience with free web hosting. Some of them are practically better than charged hosting. But one day they just shut it down and everything gone.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best free web hosting provide I have found is ingenyes.com. They provide 50GB of web space and unlimited bandwith. They dont put ads on your website either.
    Last edited by ScallioXTX; Nov 20, 2011 at 04:39. Reason: No need for extra linking

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like most of the posters in this thread, I am not a fan of free hosting in general. But if you really want to try a free host check out freewebspace and freewebhostingtalk.
    CrazyPenguin on iNet Integrity

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I second godaddy for almost-free hosting. Very happy with them. Their control panel can be a confusing beast, but on the other hand it is very full-featured.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bangipung View Post
    check it out at webhostinglobby.com
    I was searching "WebHostingLobby" on Google to see what came up and ran across this thread. Thank you for spreading the word about our project.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    I would be very concerned about the sustainability of $2/year hosting, probably even more so than ad-funded "free hosting".
    I agree. I personally would NEVER sign up for web hosting this cheap simply out of fear of sustainability. However, my Web Hosting Lobby project is not intended to make profit via hosting (i.e. $2/year is simply my cost). I use JaguarPC and InnoHosting reseller accounts (cost is $20/month for each) so rest assured there won't be a need to 'go out of business' as my only cost to sustain this is $40/month.

The goal is to drive traffic through very low cost web hosting and offer other products that will bring revenue/profit, all of which will be donated to charity to support orphans.

As mentioned on the website, I am an Accountant by trade and am simply doing this on the side as a project to fulfill two passions of my own, technology and philanthropy.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i you are looking for a professional website then never ever choose free hosting but if you are trying to learn how things work then you may for gor free hosting: http://byethost.com/free-hosting

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    50webs.com is offering free hosting for static sites. The free hosting offer does not provide MySQL or any database support. If you have a static site, you may try their free hosting offer.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    these days hosting become very affordable so try it you don't need to spend a large amount you can do it with $3-$5 per month.

There is lots of disadvantage from free hosting server as other has described here. so change your mind sat and go with any cheap hosting company.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkallen View Post
    Well I dont suggest you to try free hosting, try cheap hosting services of a reliable host such as justhost.
    I also would go with this option. Free means you won't have to pay money ... but you will have to have ads ( for example )

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

I never believe on free hosting so i would suggest you to go with Paid hosting. You should go with Net4 a leading web hosting company that will fulfill all your requirements with 99.9% server uptime guarantee and fully customer support at very competitive prices.

SitePoint Zealot coloradojaguar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are many free hosting sites. There are also many drawbacks to free hosting. Sometimes you can't host your own domain. You may also have ads on your site which are run by your free host. More complicated issues such as downtimes, lack of support and the potential for you host to disappear are all also legitimate concerns. There are many good host which offer great values. When you have a paid host you get the benefits of excellent uptime as well as around the clock support. A few of your own ads and some affiliate memberships can have you earning enough for paid hosting before you know it.