User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to generate pdf from dynamically filled asp page

I am using asp not asp.net

I have one asp page on which at least 45 values are filled by user and the table structure is of 8 columns and 10 rows…..

My task is to send it to database then generate pdf of that page and then email to admin.

After a lot of search I found help and successfully manage to complete my task. I am using persits.pdf for creating pdf and cdosys for sending mail…
    All the values are saved in access database successfully and generated pdf is emailing very fine.
    Now problem is occur here when I test pdf this line is written “A TEST FOR PDF GENERATION BY ME” and not my form values.

I think this txt comes from this line of code

Page.Canvas.DrawText "A TEST FOR PDF GENERATION BY ME", Params, Font

I also paste whole html of table in these quotes but not succeeded

I don’t know wht to do please help me

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Due to its age ASP doesn't have a lot of support for things like PDF generation however, I often find answers to this sort of thing at ASPIN.com. Here are some useful results: http://www.codango.com/asp/fnc/searc...ry=PDF&cat=all
    Andrew Wasson | www.lunadesign.org
    Principal / Internet Development

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "ImportFromUrl's support for various HTML tags and constructs is not quite as extensive as that of major browsers, but still considerably stronger than the limited HTML functionality of Canvas.DrawText available in older version of AspPDF."

Is it possible you've hit a limitation of the PDF component?

What happens if you try converting your ASP page to PDF with the online demo from websupergoo? If that works, you might find it worthwhile to Google for an alternative. There are still PDF components for ASP that are actively maintained. Or, why not switch to ASP.NET and broaden your options?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you site/code runs on a public server i would suggest you use https://pdfcrowd.com/

i use them for my ASP to PDF conversions. what you can design in HTML/asp it can practically do. i generate reports,invoices,employee details,quotes,etc with options to print to PDF. so far i haven't had any problems. and if you have any problems they will happily help you.

Jeremy