SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if you write a content then it is a process, good process gives good content . Firstly you should right an appropriate unique title then you should give summary of your article then there should be at least 4 paragraphs of good content which is through the point..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rudiemartin View Post
    usually i spend 30-40 minutes reading the new, then I realize that i have no time left and try to write like for myself, in a sense "would i read it". so basically i waste some time for a little bit and once inspired enough -get to writing)
    Thats not a bad idea, my friend that is not wasting time, its actually perfect. But to add more i use to read my own articles and contents, before uploading or posting them. But in my experience i found that proof reading and quality checking done by the writer himself is not as perfect and accurate as it's done by someone else. Thankfully i have a sister, who is in Germany, she will do the gentlewomen part of proof reading my writings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, but if we are to talk about how we write then i want to share what i do. I make extensive use of subtitles and bullets in my articles, contents and blogs, bullets and subtitles are an effective part of an article, they increase look and feel, make it easy to read, improves the presentation and they are also perfect place to use Keywords(for SEO). Usually readers take just a few seconds to decide whether to stay and read or find another article, here Bullets and subtitles will be of great help and most articles that are written just like stories in paras will get little or no visitors and readers.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Generally I don't go to research on any topic .
    I Juts start writing using my own thought and knowledge and if I find any doubt regarding to my topic then I search on internet.

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bonzoi View Post
    Generally I don't go to research on any topic .
    I Juts start writing using my own thought and knowledge and if I find any doubt regarding to my topic then I search on internet.
    I find that really sad. Even the topics in which you believe you are expert may undergo changes that you can only find through research. Unless it's an opinion piece or a memory from my past, before I write anything, I research to be sure that the information I publish is current and correct. Even for opinion pieces, it helps to research to be sure your facts are straight and not remembered incorrectly.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drakke View Post
    Do you have a writing process or do you just start?

Is there some generally accepted process?
    First, I write an outline. I make sure that it addresses WHAT READERS would WANT to read.

Second, I sketch a quick introduction and a conclusion.

Third, I break down each main point into key points and supporting informatoin.

Fourth, I work on the title to make sure it is COMPELLING and ATTENTION-GRABBING (this can actually get VERY difficult)

Fifth, I beef up the conclusion and introduction. Intro = gets people excited about the discussion/thesis of the article. Conclusion = boost their curiosity regarding finding out more information and also ties in the article to their daily needs/concerns.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Start with the big idea.
    Show why they should listen/read (appropriate to them)
    Break it down into sub parts.
    What makes each part important or interesting.
    What's the outcome of each part (why's it important - what's the message etc)
    Summarize the important message points & relate it back to the big idea.

Write conversationally from the heart; as though you're talking heart-to-heart with a friend.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it should very original and at the same time informative. Think about people you write to, put yourself on their place and decide what would they like to hear from you and in which manner. I liked all advces they are really good!!