SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot many answers to this query. Yes, in my opinion these sites are still social .... Social media has surpassed the concept of social networking . Now its not only limited to just posting a link, liking it or commenting. The ways of using these websites have been changed. These sites help in becoming social and yes one needs to be interactive in such cases because if you do not then these sites will not of any use. Be interactive and get social through these sites, this will definitely work for your business

SitePoint Enthusiast ilovemedia's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's funny that you want social media to remain "social" in essence, when you're actually making use of it for commercial and personal purposes. The truth is that with the millions of people going through facebook, twitter, youtube, linkedin, etc. it gets harder to keep track of what use people are actually putting social media to. Some may be just in it for the gaming, some to make friends, some to keep in touch with old friends, and some who are looking to find some things to buy and people to do business with. What business owners are looking for are those people who would click on a link, read through the ads posted, and eventually shell out some money when they find something interesting. In this way, you can no longer really say that social media sites are purely "social" anymore.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those sites will remain "social" until there're real people visiting them. That's what I'm afraid about Twitter - it seems that huge percents of its visitors are bots...sad.

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Anton Zaleski View Post
    Those sites will remain "social" until there're real people visiting them. That's what I'm afraid about Twitter - it seems that huge percents of its visitors are bots...sad.
    Did you mean "no real people".

I agree, bots are the bane of the Internet. If I could find it, I'd get out my light sabre and slash them all to smithereens!
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyflower View Post
    Did you mean "no real people".
    I agree, bots are the bane of the Internet. If I could find it, I'd get out my light sabre and slash them all to smithereens!
    It's really sad to see a lot of bots over at Twitter. Whoever thought of making those is really desperate for getting the attention that he or she wants. I'd rather have only a few followers who I can interact with rather than have tons of bots who I can't talk to as followers. Well, there are some bots who reply to you, and I don't want to get there. I definitely don't want to be hit by a light saber.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think a lot of people use social sites like facebook or google plus or twitter to rank their site. Just post their website content.