User Tag List

Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Please review my Social Bookmarking Website

My social bookmarking site is: http://www.ibookmaven.com/

The site was started 3 weeks ago, but its already getting 300 visitors daily aprox.

I would like to read your comments about the site.

Thanks!!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow it looks like it has a lot of great content and that many hits is impressive. i wish i was getting that, mine is approx. 3 weeks old as well but I only get about 20 a day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -Content looks good
    -I think the image in the top banner can make the text (ibookmaven.com) a little difficult to read
    -Apart from that I think it generally looks nice, however it comes across to me as being a bit boring
    -Loading times seem good
    -You need more advertisement slots full, but obviously this is something that will come with time

Generally: Good job!

SitePoint Enthusiast Red Star Web Dev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This looks really similar to Digg.com before they redesigned their site. The layout is clean and well organized, and I like the minimalistic approach.

My problem with the side is that the content seems really, well, spammy and in need of some serious moderation. For instance, when I click on Sports stories, I get "Mobile Hotspots" and "Anointing Oil Anointing Oil". If I found this site in a search engine, I'd be hitting the back button immediately.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Capture.PNG
    Some of the images is broken (to me). It is important to fix that.
    What does the name come from? And what's your site about? Everything?

gap

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaptrast View Post
    Capture.PNG
    Some of the images is broken (to me). It is important to fix that.
    What does the name come from? And what's your site about? Everything?

gap
    I fixed the images problem, thanks.
    I don't know about the name, I like how it sounds. It is a social bookmarking site

Quote Originally Posted by Red Star Web Dev View Post
    This looks really similar to Digg.com before they redesigned their site. The layout is clean and well organized, and I like the minimalistic approach.

My problem with the side is that the content seems really, well, spammy and in need of some serious moderation. For instance, when I click on Sports stories, I get "Mobile Hotspots" and "Anointing Oil Anointing Oil". If I found this site in a search engine, I'd be hitting the back button immediately.
    Thanks for your positive review.

Quote Originally Posted by Joesavage1 View Post
    -Content looks good
    -I think the image in the top banner can make the text (ibookmaven.com) a little difficult to read
    -Apart from that I think it generally looks nice, however it comes across to me as being a bit boring
    -Loading times seem good
    -You need more advertisement slots full, but obviously this is something that will come with time

Generally: Good job!
    Thanks for your great review.
    I have re-designed the header logo. See if you like it now.

Quote Originally Posted by moebow View Post
    wow it looks like it has a lot of great content and that many hits is impressive. i wish i was getting that, mine is approx. 3 weeks old as well but I only get about 20 a day.
    Thanks!

More reviews are welcome!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    300 hits a day that quickly is impressive. The site obviously functions well, but to me its missing something. Perhaps some organizational graphics for the posts. not sure what I am trying to say, I guess jut that it needs something else in the center.

SitePoint Member Cheap-Websites's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Every thing is ok except your site's loading time. Banner image is not so impressive and favicon is absent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would take the time to try and create a nice logo for you header - right now it's a bit plain and the kerning is out. Try making it 100% width, that might balance a bit better.

Also with your sidebar I would place top articles above the ads. This will encourage a bit more activity from you users. Although making money is important your user would appreciate that you put the content of your site first.

Maybe putting the search immediately at the top of the page (possibly inside the header) would be more practical.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me it was a good site. keep it up and do maintain your visitors, do your best to make them come back after visiting your site. Good luck.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. I think the header is way too big and there's too much spacing between the letters "a v e"

2. Add some spacing between the filter bar (popular, upcoming etc.) from the main content.

3. Get rid of the tagline "one of the best social bookmarks on the internet" -- it's grammatically wonky and it's also not true.

4. Try making the title of the headlines a bit bigger and perhaps make the description text just a shade lighter so the headline has more of an impact.

5. Also, you might want to look into implementing thumbnails next to your headlines.

Otherwise it's a nice little site. Also, I'm curious are you generating traffic?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the design looks pretty good,but you don't have a direct links for people who post there.Maybe you can change the script.

Non-Member bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fixed width is too big for my netbook and too small for my desktop, the px metric fonts on everything is an accessibility disaster and as such ALSO useless to me for being too small without diving for the zoom, the sidebar area looks like it's blowing out of it's container compared to the header area, and for a simple page of 8k of plaintext and a handful of content images, the 99k of markup and 97k of scripting seems just a little excessive.

Much of the code bloat coming from jquery for nothing, as well as a complete lack of anything resembling semantic markup or separation of presentation from content. This is to be expected with an off the shelf CMS skin, where they love to throw endless classes on things, extra wrappers around elements for no good reason, lists around non-list elements, full URL's just to make sure it's fully bloated, etc, etc...

That parts not your fault -- most every CMS you have to gut to even come close to anything resembling sane markup because, well... most of the back end coders for these things are PHP experts, NOT HTML/CSS ones...

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First it looks just like another Pligg site.. the header is way to big.. and you should work on your logo. the adsense should be moved to the bottom because it just makes your site look spammy... and its the 2nd thing you see after the huge red header.. also there look like there is a bee? next to every post i would change that because it makes no sense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Reviews :

1) Think about a good logo..getting 300 visitors a day you are going to be big...so have a nice logo instead of just the name...make some designing efforts...
    2) You have given Tweets give FB share too...
    3) Try to add some design..as you are using Hutaru CMS you can find some good themes from here http://forums.hotarucms.org/forumdis...heme-Downloads
    (Its their official site MODS)
    My suggestion would be using the MaxsSquare V.1 theme it looks quite sober

Quote Originally Posted by tahoecale View Post
    First it looks just like another Pligg site..
    You will always find Social bookmarking sites look like Pligg or Digg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Add some hot news to the top, so the user sees some other points of interests than he/she is looking for.
    Add thumbnails to every bookmark, also something what gets the attention before reading the title.
    Consider placing your content into 2-3 heading columns and rest as it is. - the basic joomla! cms template is a good example

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not happy with the logo.. And You have leave many space blank. Please try to fill the gap.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all congratulations on getting so many hits so quickly. There are a few things I wanted to comment on, firstly the good bits: well done on the traffic as mentioned. I also like the banner at the top, very striking and very simple. I also like the general layout. Is this a Wordpress theme?

Now for the bits I thijk need some work: I was a t a bit of a loss as to what the general purpose of the site was and still am. I am a great believe in the KISS philosophy (keep it simple stupid). In other words explain everything in simple terms and assume that nothing. So to get to the point, I think your site needs an intro to explain what it's about. I also think it could do with an faq which sets out do's and don't etc.

Hope that doesn't sound too negative, just trying to give my honest feedback.

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey its really good that you are getting good traffic to your website daily..and yes all the above experts are right...this site is somewhat like digg...the logo design is really attractive and center of attraction which is the first requirement of web design...
    Addition to this i suggest you to add google+ and facebook button to your site..otherwise it is good.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. The menus such as register, home, login can be made little flashy and prominent.
    2. The menus such as Business, Entertainment Lifestyle etc can also be made prominen.
    3. I registered and submitted a post. It works fine.
    4. You can have G+ and Like button for post.
    5.Except banner there is no design in your site. Please make some design.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Intuitive, clean and functional. I like it. I agree that eventually you will want to have a more professional looking logo created to give it more of a web 2.0 look, but for know I think you're right to focus on functionality and content to drive more traffic. Good job.