SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no database selected

i get this error when inserting a more descriptive print error in the code from the errors: Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource
    and >Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource >and>Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource.
    i have imported the tables from my database, i have correctly configured the config.php and chmod 666 config.php. i do not understand why im getting this error,
    the error does not lie in the config the info came from sys adin dbhost,and dbusername,and dbpass, dbtype, im using php nuke 5.5 with MySQL, can some one tell me how to correct this error so i can get this up and running?
    i would appreciate it.http://www.garyscomputer.net

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What error does mysql_query() return?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hi

this>Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource and this>Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource
    and this>Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: hi

Originally posted by doc_25
    this>Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource and this>Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource
    and this>Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource .
    To return some rows from the database using the mysql_fetch_row() function you must perform a query using the mysql_query() function. I want to know what error does the mysql_query() function return. If you don't know what I am talking about, please post your code.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello

this is not a question about the error
    i believe in a more detailed print error it states
    {unable to select database} i think it lies in the
    permissions am i right if i dumped the tables and it does not lie in my scripts?