SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Please review our web design and development

We designed and developed this website, please give us your comments - http://www.hostingtigers.com

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Looks good, sam_zey. The only minor comment I'd make about the design is that you probably should lose the snow on the home page. You really don't need that.

It's not often that a site is put up for the review that has a product of interest to those who are likely to be reviewing your site ... so one other comment I'd make: we've had at least one member here before advertising web hosting services, who lured some other members in to sign up and then went off the face of the map, leaving them high and dry. This has made me very wary of people offering new web hosting solutions. So my other suggestion would be to beef up your Company profile a bit. Even though it's good, and makes you guys look like you are serious about this kind of work, anything else you can say that will help build confidence in your services is worth it. Perhaps explain why we should believe you will still be around in another two or three years. And say a bit about who the "we" are. (Just my 2c, anyhow. Others may not be worried about this. )

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A hosting company has to create a website that has a lot of trust indicators. The more you have the more sales you will get.

I would research to find out all these and incorporate them into your site.

One indicator is a video testimonial. Another ia a picture of the owner.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lot for your reply ralph.m

We removed snow from the website. We are not the owner of this company, we designed and developed the website for them. We just want to get some reviews so that we can be assure that no big change is required. Moreover, this particular company is into technology services from last 5 years and our consistent clients from last 2 years. They are doing web hosting from last 18+ months for clients in their company and now they created online identity (website) for everyone so that they can add more clients into their hosting business. Don't worry about their existence, they will stay in business for really long time. Moreover, we are not trying to market these services, we found sitepoint quite active in terms of website reviews so we added this thread here.

Once again, thanks a lot for your helpful review and advise.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with your point but this company just stepped into online identity and they will gain trust by the time. About video tutorial and picture of owner, we will get to it very soon. Thanks for pointing out these important factors.

Quote Originally Posted by drakke View Post
    A hosting company has to create a website that has a lot of trust indicators. The more you have the more sales you will get.

I would research to find out all these and incorporate them into your site.

One indicator is a video testimonial. Another ia a picture of the owner.

SitePoint Enthusiast Bible Topics KJV's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The top navigation throws me off. The rest of the site looks professional, but it seems like the top should match the bottom being all black at the very least. The shopping cart looks unprofessional. Maybe at least give people the option to choose a more highly accepted payment method such as PayPal. If a site I don't know offers PayPal method, I will be more likely to buy from them instead of going to a more trusted site I know.

Why have Careers if you are not offering any jobs? It isn't linked, and it seems awkard for it to be there. You can take it off until there is a job opening. In about tigers, you will want to update your information. It is 2012 now. It probablly would be better to just say it was founded in 2009 instead of having to worry about updating it every year.

Your about us and contact us is sparse. Who are you really? Where are you located out of? How can I get a hold of you besides e-mailing you, or creating a support ticket? Do you have 24/7 service, or only have support during M-F 9-5? Your blog link isn't working. Your domain packages don't come with e-mail. I believe this would be a problem for businesses. As a customer, I expect businesses to have an e-mail address that matches their domain name. Otherwise probablly good for throw away test sites as long as the 3.99 a month isn't locked in for x amount of years.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for giving such a valuable reply and pointing out our mistakes. We fixed most of the parts and made some changes. We are designing and developing this website so we are discussing your points with the owner of this company. Following are the things we fixed and some answers to your questions --

1. The top navigation throws me off - We are unable to make it completely black because then it will merge with the buttons (which are black). But we will refresh this setup in next design change.

2. Give people the option to choose a more highly accepted payment method such as PayPal -- This website is accepting major credit cards and paypal as well, you will get the option of paypal after clicking on checkout. But, we considered your point seriously and we will add paypal badge and button in further changes.

3. Why have Careers if you are not offering any jobs? -- We removed that link. Thanks for pointing the error.

4. It probably would be better to just say it was founded in 2009 -- This fix is also done.

5. Who are you really? Where are you located out of? -- We delivered this point to the owners and we hope to get some details to put on contact page soon.

6. Do you have 24/7 service -- You raised a very important point. This company is providing 24/7 support but it seems we have to mention that on couple of areas. We will work on that.

7. Your blog link isn't working -- It is linked now. We were instructed to link it later because the blog is new and updates are quite few, but we linked it after getting permission.

8. Your domain packages don't come with e-mail -- Every hosting package comes with e-mails. Basic plan comes with limited emails but business and professional comes with unlimited.

We really appreciate your reply and the way you analyzed every weak point. We fixed most of the things and we are considering all other points as well. We believe in learning from mistakes and getting valuable feedback from our visitors and customers. Thanks once again..

Quote Originally Posted by Bible Topics KJV View Post
    The top navigation throws me off. The rest of the site looks professional, but it seems like the top should match the bottom being all black at the very least. The shopping cart looks unprofessional. Maybe at least give people the option to choose a more highly accepted payment method such as PayPal. If a site I don't know offers PayPal method, I will be more likely to buy from them instead of going to a more trusted site I know.

Why have Careers if you are not offering any jobs? It isn't linked, and it seems awkard for it to be there. You can take it off until there is a job opening. In about tigers, you will want to update your information. It is 2012 now. It probablly would be better to just say it was founded in 2009 instead of having to worry about updating it every year.

Your about us and contact us is sparse. Who are you really? Where are you located out of? How can I get a hold of you besides e-mailing you, or creating a support ticket? Do you have 24/7 service, or only have support during M-F 9-5? Your blog link isn't working. Your domain packages don't come with e-mail. I believe this would be a problem for businesses. As a customer, I expect businesses to have an e-mail address that matches their domain name. Otherwise probablly good for throw away test sites as long as the 3.99 a month isn't locked in for x amount of years.

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    456 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sam_zey View Post
    We are not the owner of this company, we designed and developed the website for them. ... Don't worry about their existence, they will stay in business for really long time. Moreover, we are not trying to market these services, we found sitepoint quite active in terms of website reviews so we added this thread here.
    That makes sense. I guess if you are making suggestions to them, it might be worth passing these comments on, as I like the site but would not be confident enough about who they are to get hosting with them.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure thing, we will do that.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph.m View Post
    That makes sense. I guess if you are making suggestions to them, it might be worth passing these comments on, as I like the site but would not be confident enough about who they are to get hosting with them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice work!
    I like the styles, colors and general design!
    Navigation is quite understandable and clear! Looks very professional and I wish you more clients!
    Best regards,
    Fokebox
    Submit your URL for free at Open Directory www.livewebmap.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Fokebox, good to get another positive reply.

Cheers,
    Sam

Quote Originally Posted by Fokebox View Post
    Very nice work!
    I like the styles, colors and general design!
    Navigation is quite understandable and clear! Looks very professional and I wish you more clients!
    Best regards,
    Fokebox

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The navigation could use some love with an on over or hover.
    Clean and blue - love it!
    I might consider switching hosts - very impressive!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see anything wrong. I actually really like it. If I didn't already have a good web host provider, I would have gone with that 3.99 plan.

I really like how everything is really clear. The site structure is great and it flows nicely.

Only thing that I can think of to make it better is to add a mouse-over/hover to the nav.

One more thing: I think you should have a proper footer that includes the copyright and site links at the bottom.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should mention that your hosting can host shopping carts and online shops on the first page. I think that what some people are looking for. I know you got that Zen cart logo on it but some people are just not familiar with it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you want a killer hook? Put in "Free Shopping Cart" on the front page. Cause I know you can host zen cart, Oscommerce etc.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Lechlak, happy to get another comment on color theme, we tried to keep it soft on eyes with smooth edges. We wish that you never face any problem with your existing host but if you ever feel like switching then its easy to contact hosting tigers anytime and they will provide you quick service and reliable hosting.

Thanks once again...

Quote Originally Posted by Lechlak View Post
    The navigation could use some love with an on over or hover.
    Clean and blue - love it!
    I might consider switching hosts - very impressive!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice and simple website.

Main suggestion is that you used yellow color for the logo while no yellow colors are spread around your website. So in sense it looks like you worked opposite way. It seems that you had website designed and then just inputted logo that does not fit well with color structure of the current page design. To avoid this I would darken the yellow color and add web details around the site to match that color. For example button on right side or something similar.

For favicon I suggest using just tigers head.
    CUBE SCRIPTS MEDIA
    REAL ESTATE SCRIPT 2.0 | Software for Real Estate Agencies

SitePoint Enthusiast Bible Topics KJV's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The top navigation is much better.

You are welcome. I only try to give the reviews I would want from others. Do to others as you want them to do to you.

I admit I was worried that I sounded a little too harsh when I looked at my reply later on, and couldn't edit it.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to see the home page with some movement. It makes it feel more fancy to me.
    The space to the right of the tiger feels a little vacant. - maybe put promo information there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site looks very good,
    It works with ie, firefox and chrome.

I would add some more colors, there is too much blue

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work. Color scheme of the tiger reminds me of hostgator. I think you should offer a live chat feature prominently atop. Actually, just noticed that in your 'about us' you're looking to implement. Because as I'm sure you know, Even if you're not available, there's various rules and settings you can setup. Let customers know you're a real co. Love the navigation menu concept. Would be great if you could convert the images into html/css so not only would it load faster, they could get picked up by search engines and possibly turn into the ever so popular Google Site Links! Great call to action at the home page main banner. First place I look at. Would be a neat feature if you could 'collapse'/'expand' the windows you have such as search for domain name. Great that you list the features, would be even better if you listed competitors and compared one vs. one, etc.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a TON everybody, we got great suggestions and ideas. We were not expecting this much of result but everyone suggested something great. We will create a list of all the suggestions and we will surely work on them. We were thinking about replying to everyone separately but then we thought that it will be nice thanking everyone together. Really, we are thankful to everyone for reviewing our website and giving us number of ideas. We will improve as per requirements and we will come back with a superb website, we hope that you all gonna love it..

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Easy to use, nice design

I found this site easy to use and navigate. The plans on the home page make it easy to understand the prices and service offerings.

The minor only things I could suggest is to make better use of the space in the top banner/navigation area to the right of the tiger logo. Perhaps you could move the logo text to the right of the tiger picture instead of having it under the tiger. Also some interactivity with the navigation bar (e.g. hover highlights) would make the site a bit more interesting too. But overall, a nice and appealing site.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a great looking website. If all websites looked this professional it would be so much more fun to surf the internet .

SitePoint Member themostexpensive's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice look!

I think you can make some little improvements:
    1) On the top of page 2 different links (Why choose Us and About us) points to the same page - company.php. It's better for my opinion to add hyperlink (A href="#" id=whychooseus) to the "Why choose Us" title and make top link like company.php#whychooseus for better viewing
    2) it's better to make design of your blog page same as on the main page
    3) You should add topics to Knowledge base

In fact site looks very good, professional and cool!