User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Review for Freelancing Sites Info

Please review FreelancingSites.info

Slightly contradicting what I am promoting, I did all of the content writing and formatting.
    I used some of my basic php, css and html along with some design skills.

I wanted it to be my baby and be verbatim what I envisioned!

Your insight would be appreciated.

Thanks

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Target market is Employers (not workers) - Any insight on what can be done to build up SEO Traffic? Should I add some directory?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic . I love it . It's simple straight to the point . easy on the eye . good luck

SitePoint Enthusiast Red Star Web Dev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some thoughts:
    - The sharing icons appearing above the content shifts everything down and looks pretty strange
    - I really like the logo
    - It feels like the navigation should be in that orange bar
    - The textual content is really cramped and hard to read; I'd consider increasing the line height and possibly the text size
    - The text on the About page is just one giant, hard to read paragraph; space it out a bit
    - You have two, slightly competing mottos; does your site provide information or reviews? Both?
    - Your contact form has a name and a questions box, but nowhere to enter contact information. How are you going to respond to these questions?
    - The links in the sidebar look like they're going to a different website. I had no idea they were reviews until I clicked through one.
    - Watch your spelling a grammar; I noticed a few typos throughout
    - The site needs imagery. You've got walls of text all over the place, and little else. Why not, at least, get some screencaps of the Freelance sites you're reviewing?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The adverts at the top feel like part of the top navigation bar, which is confusing and going to cost you traffic.
    The lack of graphics in the content is also a negative point.
    The banner is good, and colour scheme is nice too.
    Really don't like the Javascript stopping people from copying and pasting (I mean really, how on earth is a spot of Javascript actually going to stop someone who really wanted to steal your content?)
    In addition to the ads that feel like part of the navigation, I'd say there are too many adverts for the amount of content.

SitePoint Enthusiast Red Star Web Dev's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baycrazy View Post
    In addition to the ads that feel like part of the navigation, I'd say there are too many adverts for the amount of content.
    I've really got to start turning off AdBlockPlus before I load these sites. I totally missed these.