SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Review my Websites

i have design the perfume website ,please see and give the review,what part is not good for my website ??
    http://www.theperfumeparadise.com/

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You asked what part is not good, well the first obvious thing is that you banner is massive - it takes up half the page meaning that the forst thins that I needed to do was to scroll down to see the content - not a good start for a visitor.
    Once you do scroll down it gets better. I would consider distinguishing your left or right columns though. They both get equal focus and that can be confusing for the visitor. You might also want to put your "monthly specials" on a different page as it makes your home page too long. People prefer to click rather than scroll.
    All your images in the "perfum for ..." are the same and don't seem to be in keeping with what you are offering. They look like msn characters which isn't appropriate in relation to what your selling - only an opinion!

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alamshar View Post
    You asked what part is not good, well the first obvious thing is that you banner is massive - it takes up half the page meaning that the forst thins that I needed to do was to scroll down to see the content - not a good start for a visitor.
    Once you do scroll down it gets better. I would consider distinguishing your left or right columns though. They both get equal focus and that can be confusing for the visitor. You might also want to put your "monthly specials" on a different page as it makes your home page too long. People prefer to click rather than scroll.
    All your images in the "perfum for ..." are the same and don't seem to be in keeping with what you are offering. They look like msn characters which isn't appropriate in relation to what your selling - only an opinion!
    thanks for great advise i will improve its.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In your header I would remove the large blue box and only leave the flower and text logo. the fading images are nice in the header but maybe a little too large? Make the product images look like part of the site rather than an afterthought. The male female icons are way off the mark, if you are going to use icons, they should look appropriate for the site. I would expect a perfume store to look a little more elegant and not so bold/heavy. The color boxes above each product are kind of distracting, maybe try toning them down. Possibly have the site divided into two categories for men and women and make the women's look elegant and feminine and the man's more neutral. Overall (without the large box at the top and changing the icons) it looks pretty good and to the point.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the design. I would suggest adding articles targeting keywords related to your products to drive more traffic to your site.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The design is good but the graphics are too heavy, try using a non-flash based graphics. Emphasizing on text based graphics that will be good for SEO as well. Because search engines can not read images and flash movies.
    Otherwise the website will lack in visitors and you will not get enough hits since the product is based on targeted advertising and main source of your visitors will be search engines.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your site does not match your niche. Try using a more colorful theme from which you can get a feel of a perfume website. The white background seems dull.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The logo in the huge box is nice, I would keep that but reduce the box size a LOT. Change the male/female images or even get rid of them altogether. Take more care with your text - you have a few misplaced capital letters around and have spelt 'Christmas' and 'appreciate' wrong. You're in a very competitive market and need to look the part. I do like the purple/lilac colour combination. Good luck

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the site on first load, nothing stood out that said run away and it loaded pretty quickly (<2seconds).

Here are the first 3 things I looked at-
    -My attention was first drawn to the big purple top and I waited to see what would load there before looking anywhere else. It shows images of arbitrary perfumes but I think this space is the most important on the site. If you put what was on special there it would be much better.
    -My attention then went to the guarantee icons. The little guarantee icons are a nice touch that give me some confidence with a site like this. Perfume selling websites makes a me a little nervous.
    -Then I looked to the left at the "Dunhill Desire Blue" since it's price was on sale so I gave it more consideration. If that were on the big purple and caught my first impression I just my be spritzing on some new perfume today.

-The Icons on the nav bar (Perfume for Her / Perfume for Him ) are all the same and need to be specific images related to the destination or removed.
    -The green arrows on the left, do not match the style of the rest of the page. Go get some better icons or change the green to match the green in the "satisfaction guaranteed" image
    -If there are no products available in wholesale, remove the link. It takes up valuable real estate and nobody is going to provide a list to you, they will just get frustrated and go to another site.
    -I would rethink all of the icons surrounding adding to the cart, they are a bit dated.
    -Subscribe to our newsletter is unchecked by default, go ahead and default it to checked or you will never get anyone to subscribe.
    -5 Clicks through the checkout process on your site alone is too many, please remove one or more of the hops to get to paypal. Once in paypal I am doing the confirmation hops all over again.
    -Paypal has got a business name "Solar Fast Track" which is confusing since I just bought perfume. I canceled the order immediately when I saw the discrepancy.
    -I would get rid of that "Important Links" section and try to sell more perfume there. If you don't know how to order online by now, then they probably don't know how to click that link.
    -Get rid of those smiley face GIFs, this isn't geo-cities.

Hope this helps,
    Reticulogic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi hello12!,

Nice website, I will suggest to reduce a little bit the font size of the text in the central section. Also, if you could made the social icons look af if they were in some sort of "grid" and not just aligned all together to the left it would be great. Other than that I think that the site works well for its purpouse.

Kind Regards,
    Otto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My general thoughts:

-I like the colour scheme in general, it suits the niche however might be too feminine for males to buy "Perfume for HIM".
    -The top banner with the navigation and image slider takes up too much room.
    -The text in the banner section looks a little bit odd - I'm not quite sure of the problem I have with it. Perhaps because it's italicized and looks quite bold.
    -Generally the site looks professional and the user interface should be simple for someone who is used to these kind of websites
    -Loading times are generally good
    -There is a rogue '' symbol in the footer

SitePoint Member themostexpensive's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think everything is ok! Wish you good luck!