SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Needing some help to review a site.

Hi guys!, How are you?...

I was wondering if you could help me to review a website that sells replacement parts for cars:

http://www.go-part.com/

Specially, I need your honest opinion and ideas regarding the product pages like:

http://www.go-part.com/honda-c-21.html
    http://www.go-part.com/0810-honda-ac...r-p-30521.html

What do you think about them?...
    If you were needing replacement parts for your car, what would make you buy or not buy them there?...
    Is there something that you would change/enhance?...

I will really appreciate your thoughts on this. Thank you so much in Advance!

Kind Regards,
    Otto

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    All looks pretty good and clear to me, Otto! The only comment I could make is that the pages loaded pretty slowly for me. Ideally, see if you can speed up the page load a bit.

Obviously, a design community like this is going to ask why you are using a transitional doctype and a table layout, which is out of date. So from a cde point of view there's room for improvement.

Mazel tov! bronze trophy kohoutek's Avatar
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks ok to me. I am not a fan of the plethora of colorful content boxes you have going, but that's more a subjective issue.

The weakest part of your site is the markup, as Ralph pointed out. It's quite outdated and could be trimmed and updated to modern coding standards.
    Maleika E. A. | Rockatee | Twitter | Dribbble

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph.m View Post
    All looks pretty good and clear to me, Otto! The only comment I could make is that the pages loaded pretty slowly for me. Ideally, see if you can speed up the page load a bit.

Obviously, a design community like this is going to ask why you are using a transitional doctype and a table layout, which is out of date. So from a cde point of view there's room for improvement.
    Same for me, pages take a long time to load. Clean layout and very simple.
    Personal Portfolio - Zeeb44
    IT Manager for - Family Dental Health

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @ralph.m:

Thank you!, Yes it would be a good idea to implement a table-less layout, it's just that the whole site is too big, and such modification will take a good time, but I will suggest it to the owners.

@kohoutek:

Thank you for your advice!.

@zeeb44:

Thanks, I will check what is going on with the speed.

@esquiree:

Thank you so much, adding reviews sounds like a good idea I haven't though about it, I will suggest it to the owners.

Kind Regards,
    Otto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi.
    Nice look and feel to it.
    Just a couple of points ;
    The Going Green link opens in a seperate tab whereas your other site pages dont
    After selecting a brand, ie Acura, when i click on the model I found the scrolling effect slightly queasy
    I would have liked to see a Home button. I know clicking your logo takes you home but a lot of people may just use the back button instead
    And finally, on the brand pages the manufacturers logo under their name might look nice
    Eddie

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neat website. I would like to see an automatic zoom over products on that page, but I think what you have is fine for the general audience. Cool website!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your site looks really well done. The clean lines give it a very professional look and feel. The selection is a bit lite, but if I found a part I was looking for I would not hesitate buying from your site. side note;I recently had to purchase 3 power windows for my Deville over the course of 3 months as each one broke after I fixed the previous... arghh.

Only a couple minor things I can offer-
    The Go button in the quick order tracking should change color or something when I click it to give me the impression that I did something.
    When I was shopping and added something to my cart, I clicked the paypal / google checkout icons on the bottom right thinking that would take me to my cart, but they were just images. It may help you more quickly finalize a sale if they hyperlinked to the shopping cart.

The Facebook 5% bonus is an awesome idea! I'm wondering if I should add some kind of bonus points for liking my page on my site as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a bit too much white IMO. I think you should go with a light color of some sort instead of plain white. Other than that, the design is good, but looks a little cramped somehow. I think it's too many different types of boxes thrown right at you. When I first visit the site, it's like, "What do I look at first", everything seems equally important and there's no order/flow of what I should do first. Even though the boxes are nice, they just look like a bunch of completely different signs cramped together. And if the boxes weren't enough, you've got a bunch of colors too! I suggest you use a bit more whitespace to give your elements some breathing area. Other than what I mentioned above, I think the rest is professional looking.

Edit: I really like how the images of the parts for each model pop out. It makes part searching a lot easier so that's a good thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks very good ... nice images and colors ... but the website seems to me very difficult to use. I would think how to improve its structure ... there are a lot of links and images so I feel a little bit lost what to click and where to click!
    Otherwise it is very good work! I wish you good luck,
    Fokebox
    Submit your URL for free at Open Directory www.livewebmap.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Neat design and everything is easy to understand for a normal visitor but I think you should add a navigation bar in the website. This will make it more user friendly and
    attractive.