SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Im on my schools computer(Im spose to be learnig how to save a file in computer class ) Im using Nescape and the page layers are all over the place. I don't now why because it's netscape 4.7 and my site uses layers and it looks fine. But thats all I see wrong

Good job!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First if you plan to go places then you should get a domain name. They are inexpensive. Like $15.00 dollars now a days. If thats not in your budget then save your allowance for a few months. There are a lot of images on the page. Think about optimizing them or just using text bullets. Keep reading at Sitepointfourms.com and you will learn a lot.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very simple looking site.
    I would recommend you to do some more work on the desigm
    And change the color of the text. Green text on black background doesnt seem to good.

But the content is looking allright.

Keep the work going

bye

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ---------DETAILS-----------
    Browser and Version: MS Internet Explorer 5.5
    Screen Resolution: 1280x960 on 15"
    Colors: 16 bit high color
    Operating System: MS Windows 98
    Javascript Enabled: Yes
    Cookies enabled: Yes
    Connection speed: 56k modem

Slow loading time, more than one annoying ad, and while I personally like the green font on black background, I am told that some people actually find that hard to read or look at.

I recommend getting your own server if you're serious about hosting downloads. You can get rid of the NBCi bit at the top that way, and possibly improve your download time or data capacity. I'm not sure how NBCi's arrangements with their members work, so I can't be sure, but it seems likely.

Experiment with backgrounds, font colors, and the like. Try and find a font/background color combination that is complementary rather than sharply contrasting, yet still easy to read (it's as hard as it sounds, yes, so be prepared to try a lot and ask for a lot of opinions).

Keep looking to improve it, always! Good luck.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WEll, your site looks arttractive, but you should either cut it down to 640x480 resolution to make it avalible to all people, or you should make it usable with netscape. i am using netscape, and cannot see the links on the side because they are being covered by the text in the middle of the page. u should also cut down on the grafx because the page on a T3!!! is loading in 10 seconds, very bad. otherwose, using internet explorer, the page is very well designed
    Zoeb Abdulla

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Site doesn't look ok in Netscape. At least in my old version (4.5)