User Tag List

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

replacing content in div

hello everyone,
    i want to have on my page a div where content changes when ppl click on certain links without a full page reload
    when searching i've popped up on many similar examples (one of them is this: http://www.willmaster.com/library/we...iv-content.php

however i find it hard to manage because the content that being replaced is dynamic, big and may have many speical symbols like " or ' which makes the script stop working immediately

Does any1 got any good solution to this?
    thanks.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    If the content is dynamic, then depending on how it is generated you could use ajax.

Unobtrusively zen silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If you want to load the content from separate html pages, the People code examples from Bulletproof Ajax do a nice job of things.

Similar techniques can be applied if you want to retrieve the content via a php page, so that it can customize or or retrieve the content from your database.
    Programming Group Advisor
    Reference: JavaScript, Quirksmode Validate: HTML Validation, JSLint
    Car is to Carpet as Java is to JavaScript

SitePoint Evangelist
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'm not loading the content from different pages its loaded directly from db
    i need something small (and simple) like the thing i've posted in the first post, but something that will not cause problems when symbols are used (specially " or ') because the content is dynamic and i dont know when and where such symbols will be used, so i need a script that will take care of that.

thanks for the help.