SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best PHP Content Management System?

I have been looking around the web and found a few that I downloaded and tried out for a little while building test sites.

http://www.cmsmadesimple.org/
    http://www.madebyfrog.com/

They were ok. Liked the first one a lot but seemed a little too confusing to use for an end user.

Then I came across this one. http://www.concrete5.org/ - Haven't fully used it yet but love it so far. Any others out there that you have come across that you would recommend?
    Personal Portfolio - Zeeb44
    IT Manager for - Family Dental Health

It's all Geek to me silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    There are lots out there, and most of them run on PHP. Another one worth looking at is MODx. It's very well done, and has a very devoted following. Of course there are the big daddies, like Drupal, Joomla, WordPress etc. There are also excellent licensed options like ExpressionEngine, but a lot of people are not interested in paying for a CMS.
    Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | Web Design Tips | Free Contact Form

Forum Usage: Tips on posting code samples, images and more

Forrest Gump: "IE is like a box of chocolates: you never know what you're gonna get."

rajug.replace('Raju Gautam'); bronze trophy Raju Gautam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you need a free one then there cannot be other options than Joomla, Wordpress and Drupal. These three are the only popularly used CMS developed in PHP and they are quite flexible as well. I have been working with these three since 3/4 years and have found their own true dignity. You are the one to choose which to use but I have found Joomla quite flexible, having heavy community and on top of that you can find more than millions of extensions (plugins, modules, components, templates) for free just to plug and play. For small CMS Wordpress is enough and Drupal can be the option for any type of websites as well.
    Mistakes are proof that you are trying.....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PSD to HTML - SlicingArt.com | Personal Blog | ZCE - PHP 5

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raju Gautam View Post
    If you need a free one then there cannot be other options than Joomla, Wordpress and Drupal. These three are the only popularly used CMS developed in PHP and they are quite flexible as well. I have been working with these three since 3/4 years and have found their own true dignity. You are the one to choose which to use but I have found Joomla quite flexible, having heavy community and on top of that you can find more than millions of extensions (plugins, modules, components, templates) for free just to plug and play. For small CMS Wordpress is enough and Drupal can be the option for any type of websites as well.
    Hello
    I've been looking forward to make a restaurant directory website of my state! should I hand code myself or use joomla?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I use Wordpress personally have have dabbled with Joomla. Both of which seem a little confusing for a client who has no technical background. I am looking for the most simple CMS out there that is very end user friendly. Almost retard proof if you will.

rajug.replace('Raju Gautam'); bronze trophy Raju Gautam's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zeeb44 View Post
    Yea I use Wordpress personally have have dabbled with Joomla. Both of which seem a little confusing for a client who has no technical background. I am looking for the most simple CMS out there that is very end user friendly. Almost retard proof if you will.
    What do you say 'technical knowledge' to? If you mean PHP programming, I have seen many people who are using Wordpress and Joomla for their CMS and Blog purpose without any programming knowledge.
    Mistakes are proof that you are trying.....
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PSD to HTML - SlicingArt.com | Personal Blog | ZCE - PHP 5

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I have to. But I have some clients who have trouble working in Word/Excel. and I have to walk them through anything and everything. Just looking for a simple solution for them. Even though there may not be one.

Founder of Primal Skill Ltd. feketegy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wordpress

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by feketegy View Post
    Wordpress
    Obviously you didn't read through this thread.

SitePoint Guru bronze trophy TheRaptor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you looked into Perch? I've not used it personally but I have heard good things about it. It promotes itself as a really simple, clear and easy to use CMS.
    TheRaptor - Joe

SitePoint Wizard bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    In my opinion I think Drupal 7 coupled with views, web forms and panels is just about the most flexible content management solution that exists. If you can get over the procedural and meta relational database issue it is a decent solution with a lot of power. The only downside is that the admin interface is not business oriented. An average user will need to adapt their work flow to fit the Drupal way of doing things.
    The only code I hate more than my own is everyone else's.