User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Multiple MooTools Slideshows in Spry tabs

Hello all,

I am having trouble with my MooTools Slideshow. I have a page with 4 Spry tabs and 3 of them have slideshows. I've set up the page for multiple slideshows, but only the first tab works correctly. These are 2 issues I'm having:

1. The thumbnails work properly for the first tab, but for the other tabs they seem to stack upon one another and flutter when you mouseover.

2. When you switch to a different tab, you get a smaller photo artifact for a couple of seconds in the right corner of the slideshow screen (I have a feeling this will go away when #1 is resolved).

Here is where the website can be viewed: http://www.interimdesigngroup.com/th...ngs/area.shtml

I was these 2 bits of help from another forum:

The issue is probably that slideshow can't calculate dimensions properly when it is hidden. It's really a general issue with javascript/DOM-manipulation: when an element is set as display:none - like the hidden tabs - nodes inside of them have no height/width. The workaround would be to initialize each slideshow once the tab is visible.

Do not initiate all slideshows at once, initiate them when the tab comes into focus, destroy them/pause them when a tab loses focus.

I don't know how to initiate the slideshow on tab focus.

Any help would be appreciated!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Found the solution.