SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Need clock(date-time) scrip to work with NS4

I thought I had found the perfect little script for a date-time display, until I tested the page it was on in NS4....it's all funky, and not where it's supposed to be on the page. (see: http://www.protecfinancial.com/index2.html in NS4 to see what I mean)

Does anyone know where I can find a scrip that will work in NS4?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't even bother trying to get something to work in Netscape 4.7 anymore.

With about 3-4% of the browser world ( and shrinking ) it's not something to waste time with. WebTV might beat it out within a year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, but there are still a bunch of companies out there that are using old Netscape browsers because it would cost them to much to upgrade considering they are running commercial machines that require payment to upgrade.

I'm sure you're right about old NS browsers being a small part of the scene, but I've found that if a page looks good in NS4 it will look good in most any browser.

I just like to attempt to build pages that look the same to everyone no matter what browser they are using.

The same could be said about javascript, since there is a growing number of people who are disabling javascript due to the executing of melicious scripts using javascript.