SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please review IT company website

MSIAtlanta

Made this site a year ago and have been making constant updates to it as I learn new things and change things for optimization and quicker load times. Always a work in progress, just wanted some constructive criticism on the layout/design, and the code of the site. Thanks!
    Personal Portfolio - Zeeb44
    IT Manager for - Family Dental Health

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that very attractive and impressive (design) ... I think it is an optimal combination of colors! Great styles, images and logo! There is only one thing I don't understand when I move mouse over the phone contacts the number changes ))) !
    So very good work! I would be very glad if you sign up your website for free at my webcataloge!
    Best regards,
    Fokebox
    Submit your URL for free at Open Directory www.livewebmap.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. We did that because we have two phone numbers. 800 and local number. Figured it would be something need to do.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi zeeb44,

At first glance, the overall design and layout of the site is quite nice. It's fairly clean yet stylish with some nice textures and gradients.
    Having spent a bit of time analysing it further, here are a few suggestions:

- The drop down menu on the main navigation could do with a little more of a divider between each link. Perhaps a bottom border on each <li> tag to separate them up a little bit would work quite well - just a light grey colour or something.
    - In some areas on the page, particularly the bullet points and the 'Presto Exchange' text within the Login buttons, the darker red doesn't really stand out too well against the grey. Perhaps make the grey a bit darker on these buttons to make the red stand off it a little.
    - Lastly, try and make padding and spacing consistent throughout the elements within the page. For example, the box "Latest Product Release" and the box "Featured Phone System" have different padding and spacing (noticeable on the bullets). Making these the same with make the site overall look tidier.

I hope these pointers help a little towards improving the design and layout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input. Have been meaning to revisit the home page middle section where those tables are and make them div layers instead. Just haven't had time.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice site

My first impression when I clicked the link was: Wow there is a lot going on here! At a second glance I think it somehow works anyway.

I agree that the dark red might not be the best color choice, since the site becomes very dark. But I guess that it is a company color? If so you might want to change the layout of your large auto-shifting ad. Make the background brighter.

A small note, is that your facebook and google+1 button have a slight overlap in both FF, IE and chrome.

Nice site though. Well thought out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was actually messing with those icons last night. I'll go back and take a look. Thanks.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very nice website! Informative, easy to navigate. I like websites like this one.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome site. I personally liked it very much. I think it is great. The color blend of red and black looks perfect. Good luck with your site.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would take a look at your meny. The drop downs cannot be accessed by the keyboard, and the top level links aren't links (they should be).
    Ryan B | My Blog | Twitter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback. Have been meaning to make them top links go to an actual page. Just curious. Why would you need to access the menu with a keyboard. You don't own a mouse?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great looking site and easy to navigate. I love the color theme. I don't like the caption that pops up when you mouse over the menus. The menu tells you what it is and the caption blocks the items in the list.

You have a lot going on in the bottom frame above the footer. It is a bit busy. I would suggest making the logos smaller so it's less competitive on the page (FileStorage Pro, Remote Roundtable, etc.) . Nice logo design btw.

Overall, great site.

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really cannot undestand what you are providing: web design, cableing, phone systems etc. so I am just assuming it is general technical services for small businesses.

I searched for similar businesses and found a example: http://www.b2bit.ca/aboutus/aboutus

This is a much simpler design and I think more suitable for the type of market you are targeting (business business people with short attention spans). You have to come straight to the point with these type of people and outline why you are needed and what the benefits of engaging your services will be.

If I were you I would simplify your design and focus on costs and benefits.

Life is not a malfunction gold trophysilver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zeeb44 View Post
    Just curious. Why would you need to access the menu with a keyboard. You don't own a mouse?
    You have some kind of disability which impairs movement/co-ordination. Or even you've temporarily injured your "mouse hand" and can't use it. (Ever tried using a mouse with the "wrong" hand?)

Non-Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rather like the design. It's a nice, clean, well organized layout. But I don't know that the design goes with what you're providing.. seems a little.. over complicated in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong, a very nicely designed site. Just may be a lil reaching for your potential clients.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drakke View Post
    I really cannot undestand what you are providing: web design, cableing, phone systems etc. so I am just assuming it is general technical services for small businesses.

I searched for similar businesses and found a example: http://www.b2bit.ca/aboutus/aboutus

This is a much simpler design and I think more suitable for the type of market you are targeting (business business people with short attention spans). You have to come straight to the point with these type of people and outline why you are needed and what the benefits of engaging your services will be.

If I were you I would simplify your design and focus on costs and benefits.
    Thanks, I like the site you posted. Thing is the company I work for is a small business of only around 15 employees. The owners started it with IT services, cabling and network management in mind. They now are wanting to expand into web design ,logo design, and other random services they can add on to existing clients if they so need them. Kind of like a one stop technical shop. So there is a lot going on I know.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoBear View Post
    You have some kind of disability which impairs movement/co-ordination. Or even you've temporarily injured your "mouse hand" and can't use it. (Ever tried using a mouse with the "wrong" hand?)
    Never even thought about that. I will look into seeing how I can make it handicap safe. Thanks for the input.