SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,
    Im' trying to lanch an On-Line version of our brick-store, I know that it still need a lot of work, but you people are going to see it differently then me.
    So please don't wait and comment.
    Constructive criticism only please.

Don't look at my spelling I still have to do something about that.

http://www.BohemiaTrading.com

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ~~~ This site has been approved ~~~

------------------
    Eric Jones - SitePoint Administrator
    http://www.sitepoint.com
    eric@sitepoint.com

Fluffy Kitten Programmer~ Elledan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good site, nice, clean design. The colors have been well chosen. One thing that scared me when I saw the site was the menu in the middle. It ruins the site since the same menu is on the left side too. I'd remove those pictures with the ugly links beneath them and put there some more text, news or something else.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with elledan, and would also like to suggest:
    -code a bg colour, in your case #FFFFFF is probably what you're after
    -i would actually do away with the redundant left menu, since for me the menu coupled with mini images is more inviting and intriguing
    -i know it will affect download speeds, but i'd suggest turning the "buy now" buttons in your catalogue pages into roll-overs. as they are they're somewhat uninviting.
    -other than the above points, i think you've more than sufficiently taken care of privacy, shipping, service, and such pages. you've answered most possible questions, and have made those important pages very easy to read.
    nice work, with only minor tweaks to suit me.
    Marty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote/font><HR>Originally posted by tinyitn:
    -i would actually do away with the redundant left menu, since for me the menu coupled with mini images is more inviting and intriguing
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Tinyitn for suggestion,
    just one think, you meant to get rid of the menu with the link to products on the left side .... The whole thing ?
    If I'll do that there is going to be a huge white space, which I'll be unable to fill up.

As to the "Buy Now" pictures, you are absolutely right, I'll change that.

Thanx for your comments so far and keep them coming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote/font><HR>Originally posted by tinyitn:
    -i would actually do away with the redundant left menu, since for me the menu coupled with mini images is more inviting and intriguing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I disagree. For some people the menu/list is a more intuitive and faster way of navigating. Other people may have the time and want to stare at the little icons.

Personally I prefer the menu as it is a much faster way of finding the link you want.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well my first impression was very strong indeed, very colourful, balanced, easy to read, interesting. Perhaps its too good! lol

I loved the subtle things like the headings with a fine gradient and the perhaps a little too small images.

I know there is a huge culture to create small but eye catching images but there are a lot of us who surf at high res and those tiny images are, well, tiny!

My only real gripe is with the horizontal navigation "delivery rates | home, etc etc", these seemed to be in a strange order and were not very defined. I`d like to see a sharper set of headings, perhaps frames with a border, even a subtle border to give them a little more weight.

In fact thats perhaps another critisism, the fact the whole site is very floaty with no coloured tables to ground the site. Its not essential though, it works as it is as far as I can see.

Great work there then

------------------
    Garry Lacey
    The Creative Resource
    www.sc2.redhotant.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very neatly laid out and the navigation is quite easy to figure out. Very few flaws here, must say. But why do you need four different ways to search? Maybe you could do away with the one on the top, the gift finder idea is nice. Also the search results need to be a litlle more that just file names.