SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, my site has been uploaded with all content viewable and a fair bit of it. This sight covers a lot of areas and it would be good if you could review the site on the bases of design, stickines (if you think people will keep on coming back to it), useability and content.
    http://members.xoom.com/webmattd/index.html

------------------
    Thanks, WebmasterMattD

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ~~~ This site is Approved ~~~

Needs ALT tags on the images. Link images are hard to read. Index page needs to be shortened somewhat.

"Click here ..." is a big turn off. Why not just make the headline the link?

You need to add a little depth to your content. Satisfy your statements with backup. As it is now I would be a one-time visitor because a few paragraphs and some stubbies (what are stubbies??) won't make me want to come back or go out and spend several hundred dollars on a piece of software. I can get more indepth reviews at any number of other sites.

------------------
    Wayne Luke - Sitepoint Forums Administrator
    Digital Magician Studios - Making Magic with Web Applications
    sitepoint@digitalmagician.com

Fluffy Kitten Programmer~ Elledan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm afraid there are little positive things to say about the site, sorry!

-the loading time: it took me exactly 53.77 seconds to load the whole site. A new record.
    -the layout may be clear, but is too simple
    -the logo and buttons are embarassing for any site.
    -this site isn't sticky, it's very slippy! I guess most people will almost run away from this site.

Suggestions to improve this site:
    -look for another (free) host who is faster (Redrival, Angelfire, Crosswinds.net)
    -use other buttons and another logo.
    -give a short introduction about what can be found on your site.
    -Most important: Total Redesign!

I hope you don't feel offended by this review, but I tried to be honest with you and this is how I saw your site.

One thing is GOOD: the content!

------------------
    Elledan Dunedain
    Webmaster
    www.emudreams.web.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the moment my page is most likely going to be redesigned, though personaly I like the navigational images and the logo. (don't know why you don't) Also I am working on setting up my own server with a domain name. (Xoom.Com really does suck as a free hoster). Also as the sight is growing in terms of content I am doing a lot of learning about CGI and Perl and Databases.

Thanks heaps for you comments and for the trashing you gave my site, it honestly does help if i know these things.

Any more coments are welcom.

------------------
    Thanks, WebmasterMattD

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    it is certainly slow and being on Xoom does not really give it a good image. You can easily get on a free host for now (until you sort out your own server)that does not display banner ads. Try www.dencity.com.
    I think the navigation bar has too many items so you could think about maybe putting some items within a sub menu. Experts say that main menus should have between 5-7 main items on them, any more are hard to digest!

------------------
    www.gib-online.com
    The Rock of Gibraltar on the WEB
    www.urban-studios.com
    ...for all your IT solutions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Try and give the site some more life... try and tie the graphics together somewhat. It looks rather cookie cutter with the same graphic for each button etc. Try to avoid pre-made site designs that come with site design programs.

-Brendan

********* Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graphics are interesting. If you need stickiness try one of the big [or not so big] webmaster resources sites. I hate to mention our own site but it does have several articles reviewing and featuring sites that provide "effective stickiness." Also, news headlines on the mainpage always bring visitors in. Try not to make your first page so LLLLLOOOONNNNGGG though. Break it up a little. Good luck--

David http://www.web-master.tv
    Web-Master.tv: The channel for webmasters.