SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey. I have totally rennovated this site and I would like some input. I am guessing that most people out there have not seen or are not interested in punk band websites so don't be too harsh. Here we go:
    http://www.crosswinds.net/~doctordrew/new/

Thanks.

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ~~~ This site is Approved ~~~

Looks good. Little long on loading time, maybe if you optimized your graphics a little it would help.

------------------
    Wayne Luke - Sitepoint Forums Administrator
    Digital Magician Studios - Making Magic with Web Applications
    sitepoint@digitalmagician.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty cool design. The navbar graphics do have to be optimized though. Perhaps you can go something simpler than blur, because blur generally takes way too many colors.

Also, I suggest you describe the music of the band on the main page, preferably with similar sounding artists. You say it's punk, but that really doesn't mean much because everyone has different definitions of genres. I define punk as in more political stuff like black flag, but the band may actually be something like blink-182, which some people consider to be punk.

Just some unimportant ones. Umm... Tour dates would probably be better than concerts. That's the norm anyway. Please put up some full song mp3s rather than wav, and if you're going to do sample, use real audio. Lastly, Across The Way should be in the title rather than ATW; it's just easier if people want to search for the band. Unless the band likes ATW better. I know F.o.N just go by the name F.o.N rather than Freaks of Nature, but that's rare. Also, make the HOME graphic same size of font as the others. You might also consider adding a board when the band gets bigger so the fans can chat. Well, that's all.

------------------
    The CardBoard Box Mansion -
    Humorous rants on society, politics, and the meaning of life.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the colors for the site. Really matches the overall punk feel.

Would have to agree with a couple of earlier comments. The songs should be mp3 files not waves, a 30 second sample length is good, though it would be nice if there was maybe one full song (mp3) amoungst the rest of the samples.

For a band, I would suggest getting a domain name as it would help in being known.

------------------
    Thanks, WebmasterMattD
    http://members.xoom.com/webmattd/index.html

Fluffy Kitten Programmer~ Elledan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *heavy graphic site*
    I'm glad that I'm not at 28.8! Good site, only those tiny, white letters on the black background (I'm at 1024x768) made me shiver.
    I hope that this site wasn't meant to be finished: all of the pictures at the 'pictures' section weren't available!
    Fix this error and the site can easily compete with other fan-sites!

------------------
    Elledan Dunedain
    Webmaster
    www.emudreams.web.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all of the advice. For any one else who feels they would like to review this site it is located somewhere else now because the band wanted it up early.
    http://www.acrosstheway.8m.com