SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As with all other postings, this requests your kind visits and critiques. Of particular concern are any browser / download speed problems as I've used Flash on site. Also, any opinion on whether I should design a "busier" background or no. Thanks to all for your thoughts.
    http://tinytin.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ~~~ this site has been approved ~~~

------------------
    Eric Jones - SitePoint Administrator
    http://www.sitepoint.com
    eric@sitepoint.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flash intro was great, no problem with download, and I'm only connected at 26.4. Very good layout: you neatly balanced clean, concise and ease of use with an "out of the box" arrangement.

Just personal preference, this isn't really a criticism, but I would change the beige color in the nav bar image. Maybe silver (keeping the black links), navy (making the links white), or a very dark green (making the links white). I would also make the portfolio images lead to the actual sites rather than a .jpg image. I think I'd want to see how the site works (especially since from the screen shots they look really cool!).

I really like the background image at left: compelling yet non-obtrusive. Overall very well done. You have an good sense of spacing and placement.

Viewed on IE5 at 1024x768
    ------------------
    Pat Burroughs
    Wheels-off Web Design
    The Wheels-Off Website

[This message has been edited by Pat Burroughs (edited July 06, 2000).]

Fluffy Kitten Programmer~ Elledan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had to update the flashplayer in my NS4.7 browser before I saw the Flash you had used. The intro isn't too long: before you can say 'skip' it's over.
    Nice site, although I would add something: the titles of the documents. I don't really think that clients would appreciate your site when the pages carry titles as: 'index' 'untitled document' change this and the site looks great.

------------------
    Webmaster
    www.emudreams.web.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the little details that person overlooks!! sheesh! thanks elledan, i thought i had taken care of the titles, but i'll certainly go back and check them.

i'd also like others input on pat's suggestion, the web-folio links to actual pages. i was concerned about carrying complete seperate sites on my site, which is what i would have to do since neither of the two sites were "picked up" and independantly published.

thanks again all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flash intro is cool: web design sites are basically the only sites that can get away with it now.

The pages loaded slowly for some reason...I'd also recommend having some text on the mainpage.

The graphics and feel of the site is nice and professional, although the text is a little too close to the weird shapes on the left (which I love, by the way).

Fine site...no more than a few insignificant things that I'd recommend changing.

------------------
    Chris Bowyer - Programmer in Training
    MyCoding.com: Join our mailing list for launch notification!
    "I'm not an insomniac, I'm a web designer."

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, page titles were updated, some other web-folio images added, but would still like input on whether web-folio images should link to working sites, or if index page image is sufficient.
    all responses greatly appreciated.

------------------
    Marty P
    marty@tinytin.com
    http://tinytin.com

"Speak as though I know nothing but am capable of understanding everything."

Misfit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The flash image didn't take long to load at all. But I think you should re-think it, because to me it looks really plain and the picture of the guy looks 'home-made.' Also, I'd make it say 'Skip Animation' instead of 'Skip Splash.'

What's the image on the left side? It looks weird, and I would definitely scap it. There are a few other minor thing about the page, but I'm too tired to type it all out.

Overall I'm not too impressed with your try at a design company site. When you make a design for your company, especially a design company, you should make it the best work you've ever done. I don't see this in your design...

------------------
    Justin Stayton
    WEB: http://www.j.cx
    EMAIL: justin@j.cx