SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am trying to create a new site which houses my Design Business as well as a resource site. I Have a rough foundation set up and want some feedback on it . I am trying to decide if it is worthy of further work or try a new aproach. The URL is www.1digitalmasters.com. I am aware of numerouse bugs thus is why i am looking for input as to my direstion with the design

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ~~~ This site has been approved ~~~

------------------
    Eric Jones - SitePoint Administrator
    http://www.sitepoint.com
    eric@sitepoint.com

Fluffy Kitten Programmer~ Elledan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice site, but I think that the jump menu is a little to close beneath the graphic. I would move the text a little more away from the navigationbar and the buttons left from the services doesn't really fit on the site.

------------------
    Webmaster
    www.emudreams.web.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree Elledan, The services section is the first to be changed. The services section is the one i have had the most trouble with as far as how i want to display it. As of now its just ideas.
    BMH

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All right let's take a look,
    1.) When I enter your website the first imppresion I get of of it is "Funeral"
    For some reason the black scheme doesn't quite go well with your website design service. It could be only me, but I'd choose some warmer colors.

2.) The likns in the menu will lead you to couple of different pages, which aren't synchronized in look. For example you use tables (align=right) at about.htm but align=center at svc.htm ....... Doesn't look good.

3.) you also have a few death links from about menu.

4.) The guest book should be at least similar with design to the rest of your website. I know that it's remontly hosted
    but you still could use headers and footers.

I hope this will help.
    Sorry for my English.

Vladimir S. Pekulas http://www.BohemiaTrading.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

Here are a few ideas for your site.

1. Your header image (logo) would look better if you faded the right side to black instead of it just ending.

2. When viewing your site in 800x600 resolution, I have to scroll to the right to view it all.

3. I would try to keep all content lined up with your header image.

4. On your Services page, there is no home link & it does not allow visitors to hit their back button.

5. Web Services page - No home link.

6. Graphic Services page - No home link.

7. Portfolio page - No home link & Work Request Form link does not work.

I hope this helps.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point the services page as a whole will be thrown out and i will start a new one. I may even seperate my design services as a site of its own. I Just fixed most of the pages as far as having to scroll at the bottom.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The updated site is at http://216.85.208.86

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi BMH,

Hope someof the following is of use:
    1)It is slow. It took over 40 seconds to load at 48000bps - I know a lot of people have faster connections (particularly in the US) but a lot don't - think abou them when you design the site.

2)Like Vpekulas, I thought I'd stumbled upon some kind of medieval b&d site...I don't think that the logo style that you are using suits a web design firm. (Don't get me wrong I like the logo and graphic quite a bit, but I think you're in the wrong industry!)

3)Your usability is damaged by not using blue links and is further damaged by using two kinds of links (big and small white underlined text) and then is further damaged by having small white underlined text that is not a link (the date bit)

4) I don't like the animated scrolling text

5)The jump menu stands out like a sore thumb and is redundant anyway as you have the links below - I'd get rid of it.

6)I click on service and get a new window - I HATE THAT

7)Ok in the sevices section text is suddenly centered and jumps between serif and non-serif - it looks messy. I;ve also lost the left hand navigation and now have top down navigation and there is no link back to home - man I am confused

Hope some of this helps

Dr Gonzo

Fluffy Kitten Programmer~ Elledan's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree with Dr Gonzo: you get lost and confused on this site. Remove the jump menu, use the same menu on each page and keep the text the same size, font and align it left, or justify. And keep the content in one window! That should do the trick.
    One more thing: what made you chose a RED divider for this METAL colored design?
    I don't want to be rude, but from what I've just experienced, I'd say that this site is nothing but a mess. You'll better use this piece of infinite wisdom: "think first, design later".

------------------
    Webmaster www.emudreams.web.com

[This message has been edited by Elledan (edited July 05, 2000).]