SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a rough layout done for my latest site, Sifox.com, which is my design site. I just started the design in fireworks a few hours ago so there is definitely improvments to come. Please tell me what you think of the overall design and layout.

If you were looking for someone to design your site and you found this site would you consider hirimg me to design it? (forget about other skills besides the visual elements of designing a site for a moment).

Here is the link http://trickynet.co.uk/sifox/ . The finished site will be at sifox.com. All thats up now is a gif or the layout so I am not worried about hearing loading times right now.

Anyway thanks for any feedback.
    Cheers.

Gem
    Sifox Design

------------------
    Gem
    Summer's here - OH YEAH!

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ~~~ This site is approved ~~~

------------------
    Wayne Luke - Sitepoint Moderator/Internet Media Developer
    Digital Magician Studios - Making Magic with Web Applications
    wluke@digitalmagician.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the design. You should smoothen the corners and the logo. It only needs a little fine tuning. The loading time on my computer wasn't long because I have a fast connection. But I think you should stay with the design.

Oh, yeah and one more thing: When you cut the image into smaller pieces it will make the download time a lot faster.
    ------------------
    www.123hyperlinks.com - Founder and owner
    Webmaster resources and
    freebies!

[This message has been edited by Lars (edited June 26, 2000).]

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like it, load time was good for me and I'm on 56K. Good choice of colors and the layout fits nicely on my 640x480 screen

I'd consider getting your own domain if you're doing a web design business - it looks much more professional to your viewers.

Nice job!
    Sparkie
    www.pawsitronic.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sparkie, I already have the domain sifox.com
    I don't have my account on ThinkHost set up yet so I just put the page on one of my other domains (trickynet.co.uk in this case).

Lars thanks for the comments - yea I know it needs a little fine tuning. Just wanted to know if the general design and layout was good enough.

Thanks guys,
    You have been very helpful.
    Cheers.

Gem
    Sifox Design

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The color is great for the design. In fact, there aren't that many problem with it. However, I would suggest you ask for critique again when you convert it to HTML, because you might realise that there are a lot of things that you envisioned that can't be done. A big problem I see is what if the text goes longer than the space given. Would the table just be "dragged down"? If that happens, wouldn't the graphics look out of place?

As of right now though, it's really great.

------------------
    The CardBoard Box Mansion - Humorous rants on society, politics, and the meaning of life.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will probaly be using DHTML to use a scroller so the text will only take up the space available. Have a look at this site too see what I mean http://www.advertising.com/publishers/index.html

See the scroller used there. That is what I am talking about. If i decide against that for whatever reasons I have other options - cut the content into small chunks to fit the layout or to let the table expand as it needs to but keep the curve on the left aligned to the top of the table. I will see what solution best fits the design.

Keep the feedback coming. I will be moving on with developing the layout from tomorrow.

Gem
    Sifox Design

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gem: I know the scroller you're speaking of...I think it'll fit *PERFECTLY* with your layout.

Logo is pretty good, and I like the navbar. I think a mouseover image affect on the navigation would be nice...I expected it originally. Colors are nice...definetly reflects well on you.

------------------
    Chris Bowyer
    MyCoding.com: Join our mailing list for launch notification!
    "I'm not an insomniac, I'm a web designer."

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks TWT,
    I always like to hear people say nice things about designs I do. It helps build up my ego. I think that's one of the main reasons why people build sites - they are great ego enhancers

Don't worry there will be mouseovers, all that is up right now is a single gif image of the design so there could be no mouseovers. I think that I will just have a nice simple mouseover like the grey text may change white - nothing elaborate.

I don't imagine that the design will be up for more than a few months as I get bored very quickly with designs. I will probably want to change it after a few weeks but I will have to resist as I can't change it that often.

Gem
    Sifox Dot Com - Coming Soon

psycho
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lovely, lovely design.

i like :

the rounded shapes
    the logo
    the text