User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    webality...dunno what it means bcp_2005's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Well, Bush signed it...

Well, Bush signed an Iraq war resolution today. It gives him the power to go to war to disarm Iraq. I sure hope he knows what he's doing . Read the story here

What's your opinion on this??
    [ metabahn ] : changing the course of the web.

Ex-SitePointer silver trophy
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it, it is neccessary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think its frightening. Frightening that a man as young and as inexperienced as George Bush Jr. is commander and chief of the most powerful military in the world.

Need to go and start digging my hole in the ground.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Jeremy W.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny, since it comes on the heels of the knowledge that Russia has basically backed away from the negotiating table, and that discussions are beginning today in which a nearly unprecedented 60 countries will make speeches to the UN body on this very issue.

Seems more and more likely that the "internationaly coalition" that washington keeps intoning it has may just be the US and Britain, especially since 45 of the 60 countries have said they are speaking to unequivacolly condemn the action. The remaining 15 are either the US/Britian or simply haven't said yet.
    SVP Marketing, SoCast SRM
    Personal blog: Strategerize
    Twitter: @jeremywright

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well whatever George Bush says goes as far as us in the UK is concerned, I just hope that Blair can peel himself of George Bushes *** before he gets us all nuked - its not very reassuring knowing that I live less than 20miles from one of BAe systems main Fighter Aircraft and Design sites.

I don't see Sadam as the main threat at the moment, he DOES need to be dealt with, he shouldn't be allowed a Cherry Bomb, let alone Weapons of Mass destruction, but that doesn't mean the US military should be able to take over Iraq.

Plus as recent events have shown (terrorist bombings etc) there are more urgent matters in the form of terrorists doing some rather Horrific things.
    Rick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bush can write?
    In a world where the human mind
    can be programmed like a computer,
    at what point does the human soul end
    and the cybernetic machinery begin?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, Dick Cheney does it for him before the fact, the Bush ghost-signs it
    Mike
    It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by naramation
    No, Dick Cheney does it for him before the fact, the Bush ghost-signs it
    LOL!

SitePoint Wizard Pedro Monteiro's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is quite frightening to think that the future of the biggest nation in the World is in the hands of one single individual. And it's not the faith of America that is solely at stake, it's the aith of the world.

Now, I'm from Portugal, I didn't vote for Bush and I certainly didn't aprove any resolution, and neither did the goverment who supposedely is representing me,so tell me, on what grounds does he think he can make decisions on behalf of myself, my suns and my wife?

Makes you think of the realy validity of the democratic system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't agree more with Pedro

I definatly didn't vote in Bush, and given the chance never would have. I mean come on, the mans an idiot, nah perhaps that isn't fair, I mean he did lift the restriction on the mercury content of water in the US and he did help Microsoft in thier bid to take over the world didn't he, oh yeah and he didn't pull out of the regulations to reduce greenhouse gas emmisions! how could I forget.

On British TV there are alot of jokes etc about Bush, and to be honest I don't know how thick he really is, but he's certainly looking after only one thing - US profits.

There is no way he should have the right to make choices on my behalf, or even my countries behalf for that matter.

Rick
    Last edited by zoo; Oct 18, 2002 at 05:24.
    Rick

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by zoo
    On British TV there are alot of jokes etc about Bush, and to be honest I don't know how thick he really is, but he's certainly looking after only one thing - US profits.
    Well I wouldn't necessarily say profits but the welfare of the nation. That is his job. His job is not to look after the welfare of every individual on the planet. We do not have a world government.

His job is simply to preserve and protect the United States and its way of life in the best way we see fit. Now granted, I don't think he is the most charismatic person in the country nor maybe even the best for the job at this time. However he is currently the president of the country and in charge. Until such time as he leaves office he should have one goal and that is to "preserve and protect the Constitution of the United States at all costs".

It isn't to preserve Portugal, France, Germany, the UK, you have your own elected officials for that.
    Wayne Luke
    ------------

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy TheOriginalH's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by W. Luke
    It isn't to preserve Portugal, France, Germany, the UK, you have your own elected officials for that.
    Oh, but it is. He consistently rallies his "allies" on the grounds that his action is for their protection, not just that of the US.

I do hate the fact that he uses the plural....
    ~The Artist Latterly Known as Crazy Hamster~
    922ee590a26bd62eb9b33cf2877a00df
    Currently delving into Django, GIT & CentOS

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    However he is currently the president of the country and in charge. Until such time as he leaves office he should have one goal and that is to "preserve and protect the Constitution of the United States at all costs".
    The constitution of the US is in absolutely zero danger from Iraq, if it needs protecting from anyone its people like Bush, Cheney and big business.

US defence spending is already at a billion dollars a day and is going to ballon over the next five years, which is great news for all the buddies the president has in the defence sector. At the same time freezes or cuts to funding of crucial programs benefiting Americas 12 million impoverished children are in the 2003 budget, including programs designed to help local communities improve access to early learning opportunities, programs providing child/after-school care to needy families, and programs for early literacy. Even Head Start, which the President has referred to as "the nation's premier early childhood education program," is given an increase so deficient as to prevent any new children from joining.

Boeing recieve billions in tax breaks, job creation subsidies and are the leading recipient of US Export-Import Bank corporate welfare, yet have laid off 100,000 employees in the last ten years, have moved production and jobs to places like Xian in China, plus regularly break government contracts.

The Constitution of the United States comes pretty low on the list of priorities for Mr Bush and the only people he defends it for are the oil, defence companies etc.

I somehow doubt if China defended it's occupation of Tibet with "it's to preserve our way of life and in our national interests" many Americans would support the Chinese governments stance, yet you expect everyone else to believe that this is the case for America.
    Last edited by neil100; Oct 19, 2002 at 05:49.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by makeda
    I think its frightening. Frightening that a man as young and as inexperienced as George Bush Jr. is commander and chief of the most powerful military in the world.
    I wouldn't worry about him specifically. Like he has any power of his own -- He's a sock puppet for other interests.

The only things he's responsible for are his mispronounciations and grammatical errors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not a world gov't, but one world nonetheless

His [Bush's] job is simply to preserve and protect the United States and its way of life in the best way we see fit.
    I see your point, Wayne - but I'd argue that, esp. as the world's lone superpower, the US can only fully advance its goals by being careful to respect the interests of those living in other nations - a difficult and at times confusing task, no doubt - but clearly a price to be paid for world leadership

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how many of you have noticed this but the world seems to be a pretty small place...

Crisis with India a little while ago threatened alot of europe, why? Becuase any Nuclear explosion in that area would have severe effects on other areas of the world such as europe.

Now Englands winters are bad enough, last thing we need is a nuclear winter making it worse, becuase of a freak wind!

Ok that is extremly unlikely, unless we bomb north france or something (that ain't gonna happen, trust me!), but I think someone does need to take a look on the long lasting effects on not only the environment but the rest of the world, before deploying weapons.

I have never asked any US officals about this, but it seems pretty clear to me that a mean as stupid as this (see pic: ) shouldn't be allowed control of pretty much anything! (Note: take a look at the book Bush is holding)

Its a clear sign of American arrogance (no offence to Americans but as a nation they are, when I was last in america I heard a group of Americans talking about how America was clearly the only power that mattered in the modern world - what the hell?), that they feel they have the right to take over control of Iraq or anywhere else, becuase they feel it might be a threat to thier security - it seems more like a threat to cheap oil supplies to me.

Is it me or is the war on terrorism beginning to sound like a modern Vietnam? Its not an exact fit but its getting there, just with oil this time.

As for profits, based on the coverage we get over here it looks like good old George is looking after the Fat Cats pockets, not the Americans who voted him in, all I can say is its lucky you guys have congress.

Rick
    Rick

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Gryff
    Bush can write?
    He shur kan!

(Envious of my PS skills, aren't you?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by zoo
    LMAO
    Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that's a funny pic zoo. Kinda disturbing....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    another funny pic:

http://acetik85.free.fr/bushie.jpg

courtesy of Impulse
    Mike

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think my plans on moving to Canada or elsewhere are going to happen sooner or later.

I showed my Bush supporter roomate these pictures and he couldn't give a responce.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG you people are so gullible. These pictures have been doctored. Take a closer look.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by URAlly
    OMG you people are so gullible. These pictures have been doctored. Take a closer look.
    You're right. I didn't use real crayon. I apologize for trying to fool you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You did fool me Arkham. I thought it was charcoal.

SitePoint Wizard silver trophy TheOriginalH's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Arkham

You're right. I didn't use real crayon. I apologize for trying to fool you.
    Your biggest error was the correct spelling...
    ~The Artist Latterly Known as Crazy Hamster~
    922ee590a26bd62eb9b33cf2877a00df
    Currently delving into Django, GIT & CentOS