This is doing my head in!! I was using Macromedia Dreamweaver's showHideLayers function in conjunction with Flash using get URL. Here's the header JS:

Code:
function MM_showHideLayers() { //v3.0
  var i,p,v,obj,args=MM_showHideLayers.arguments;
  for (i=0; i<(args.length-2); i+=3) if ((obj=MM_findObj(args[i]))!=null) { v=args[i+2];
    if (obj.style) { obj=obj.style; v=(v=='show')?'visible': (v='hide')?'hidden':v; }
    obj.visibility=v; }
}

function hideLayers() {

MM_showHideLayers('Home','','hide')
   MM_showHideLayers('MarketAnalysis','','hide')
   MM_showHideLayers('ProductDevelopment','','hide')
   MM_showHideLayers('Engineering','','hide')
   MM_showHideLayers('PackagingDesign','','hide')
   MM_showHideLayers('LaunchPublicity','','hide')
   MM_showHideLayers('Logistics','','hide')
   MM_showHideLayers('AccountingForSuccess','','hide')
}
In the Flash movie the AS was something like:

Code:
onRelease {
getURL ("javascript:hideLayers(); MM_showHideLayers('LayerNameToShow','','show');")
}
This worked fine, but when you try and do this from a frameset on one server to content on another server (crap I know, but the client is skimping on their hosting) Flash doesn't pass the JavaScript back to the page for some reason. I need to either,

a) find a way (without playing with server settings or anything like that) to make Flash pass that JavaScript to the right page, or ...

b) use a query string to select the layer instead (ie: the AS getURL function would simply contain 'teamwork.html?layer=LayerName').

I'm currently favouring b) but I can't get it to work with my rudimentary JS knowledge! All I want to do is pull the value of the 'layer' field in a query string into the standard MM showHideLayers function to show the appropriate layer.

Can anyone help or suggest a better way to do this?? Please!!

G