SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is my first real site. I know there would be a lot of mistakes, and I'd appreciate if you could point them out for me. Some of the sections still need to be worked on, so please bear with it. Cheers. Nav.

http://www.mindflowinc.com

------------------
    Nav
    http://navneetk.tripod.com

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ~~~ This site is approved ~~~

The flash intro needs a visible "Click here to skip" link. Intros usually just waste time without adding anything of value to a site. This requires that they have a good way to have them skipped.

Second I have to ask why you have two browser windows? They both seemed to have very similar information just formatted differently.

------------------
    Wayne Luke - Sitepoint Moderator/Internet Media Developer
    Digital Magician Studios - Making Magic with Web Applications
    wluke@digitalmagician.com

[This message has been edited by wluke (edited June 11, 2000).]

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well like wluke says I don't think opening two windows is a good idea. Also I'm not a big fan of "mystery meat" navigation. Might be a good idea to provide some clues as to where the various buttons might go before a user has to mouse over them.

Don't think you wrote the copy but you might suggest to your clients to rethink their tone. Right now it's just marketspeak and it turned me right off.

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have tried twice but each time I click on a button in your yellow pop-up window I crash.

------------------
    Webmaster of Gib-Online Dot COM (or webmistress for that matter!)
    www.gib-online.com
    The Rock of Gibraltar on the WEB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nav,

I think that you've done an excellent job with regards to the design. How familiar are you with Flash? it seems as if you have a good sense of style.
    I would recommend that you add some more direction to the front page....I personally feel that you could do away with the image that has the M and the marketplace players in it (vendors, customers, etc.)

put your content on the left hand side of the page...and your images on the right.

if you don't mind me asking, how much are your charging your client for this site...you can email me at sam_dlg@yahoo.com if you would like to keep it private.

great color scheme...

on the second nav window (get rid of!) when you mouseover the small icons on top...your alt info gets in the way of the words that appear. get rid of the alt attribute...

great job!

- sam

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi

Ok the first thing i would do is give the user to enter standard or html site as yes ok they might have flash installed but many browser installation put it on as default so users don't always know they have it and don't always want to use it. But the auto detect feature is pretty cool if you must use it.

The next thing is the two windows... no,no,no likey. I never understand why 80% of all flash pages i visit have to open two pages. It has to be said that the second page is a bit of an eye sore. The combination of that bgcolor and those terrible buttons achhh. There is potential but those buttons are evil. They don't blend in and what do they mean theres no title on them and i dont really want to hover over them to find out what they do. Yea that second page need some work.

The first page on the other hand is sweet. I like clean cut fresh look. The color use is good with the mixtures of blue/gray, orange,white whcih all blend in with the colors of the logo. Navigation is good althouh the content on the pages look kind of spaced out, or put over to the right side of the screen for some reason.

All in all the page is good, its just that second pop-up page that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Scott

----------------------------------------
    Please note when i review i just tell it as i see it and am not complaining or anything so please do not take anything i say personaly
    ----------------------------------------

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your feedback guys. Really appreciate it. The pop-up window is really a client pet, and I finally gave into the client on all fronts including the atrocious colour. But yeah, the client seems quite happy with it. But I'd try asking him to remove it once more. If you guys want to skip the popup window go straight to http://www.mindflowinc.com/home.html

Don't get too close, I bite! Nicky's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NO NO NO
    DO NOT get rid of the ALT tags. It is shameful that the usability of the site is being compromised by the design. Get yourself a copy of any voice browser and then put your ALT tags straight back!

------------------
    Webmaster of Gib-Online Dot COM (or webmistress for that matter!)
    www.gib-online.com
    The Rock of Gibraltar on the WEB

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry Nicky, didn't get you. I was never talking about removing the alt tags. Or is this you reply to another thread

------------------
    Nav
    http://navneetk.tripod.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep, it's all my fault... oops!

|

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote/font><HR>
    when you mouseover the small icons on top...your alt info gets in the way of the words that appear. get rid of the alt attribute...
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i still think this is a problem and being the creative person you are...i'm sure that you can find a workaround.

- sam

p.s. get back to me on my email when you can...thanks.

[This message has been edited by DLG_1 (edited June 14, 2000).]