SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.addto.com

Please visit it and give me some constructive response. Thanks

------------------
    Register your site in our internet business solution directory and submit articles help people to operate successful e-business

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ~~~ This site has been approved ~~~

------------------
    Eric Jones - SitePoint Administrator
    http://www.sitepoint.com
    eric@sitepoint.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

Seeing as nobody else has posted a review I decided to post mine.

Your site is good looking, normal layout, and had a familiar feel. With that said you can also take that as what is wrong with it. Nothing at your site made me want to bookmark it. Not that itís a bad site, itís just like umpteen others doing the same thing.

See if you can come up with something catchy, but not obtrusive. Give me a reason to bookmark you and come back. I have a short list of search engines bookmarked and granted most provide me with similar information, or the same information. But each has something to offer that makes me want to come back. Product reviews, trivia, something.

I looked at your site for some time, and honestly do not think I could tell you what type of directory you have. I think it was about e-commerce, but thatís my point. We all know what SitePoint offers, and you do not have to look to hard to figure it out.

So about the only advice I have is try to distinguish your site from the others, but do it without compromising your style.

Hope this helps.

Michael

------------------
    World National Fantasy Basketball Association
    www.wnfba.com

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a lot of BRIGHT colors on this site. It would be best if you chose a color scheme and stuck to it. The dark red and black of your logo would fit nicely as a color combination for the rest of your site.

Your 'free biz tips...' navigation wraps to the next line when I view it. I'm using a 640x400 resolution.

Maybe you should have some sort of introductory statement on your main page saying what types of sites you do/do not accept, and the main overall goals and mission of your addto.com site.

Viewing your pages with IE 5 on windows98 if it helps.

Take care and good luck with your site!
    Sparkie www.pawsitronic.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very Nice design. Although there is not really any spice it puts me on the border of bookmarking it. And you should add some keywords in your meta tags.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Most of the following is negative, but I hope constructive negative.

You have WAY too many colours on this site! and there is no real flow from one colour to another. Not only does it make it a bit messy to look at it also is impossible to associate common areas or functions by their colour.

Also some of the grammar is a little patchy eg first para in ecommerce me up is a bit odd. If you want people to give you maney the English (or whatever language a site uses) should be perfect..

The search box is plain and the find it button wraps - is it supposed to do that? and the "add URL" and "Rule" bits look a little lost.

As already posted in other comments, you really need to give a good reason to bookmark this page as there are so many pages like it already out there...and at the moment I can't really see one.

One other comment the links in the left hand column could be shortened somewhat.

In your copyright, it is not 2001 yet...

Also if I select into translation, about us etc I get a different font fdor no particular reason - consistency acrtoss the site is a major plus if you can achieve it.

Cheers

Dr Gonzo

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just two quick comments, too many colours, and no strong identity. While simplicity is a virtue, your website just does not have a unique look.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there,

I have taken a look at your site and the following comments come to mind:

- Try not to use red as your basic font-colour. It's a colour that's not very "calm".
    - The top of your page is a mixture of purple text, a banner and a logo. Try to make these 3 items look more consistent. This will give your site a more professional look
    - Above the "Search for" tool all links are red accept the "Products and Services" link. Is this on purpose?

Goodluck

------------------
    www.links4news.com : The index for and by Internet-Professionals ====

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fast Loading. Simple. I think this is something Jacob Nielsen would approve of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the way you have put the categorys into tables and it's easy to navigate.

All the tables should have a related colour, not the opposite. I think it's a good idea to curve the corners of the visible tables with images, like Sitepoint does.

But fast loading and efficient!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the logo but that was about it. I think you need to make it more graphic intense something similiar to msn.com or so. I can help you w/ this if you want, I can be reached at magelord@gametake.com
    ICQ#38340688

Lord of the Underworld
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like the logo, BUT, I think the site has a bit too much of a yahoo! feel to it. As well, I don't like the green on the right as a colour at all. The page is really to long to scroll. You've got a bit of work to do, but youll get there!