SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, please review my design for WebDevHQ.com at http://www.webdevhq.com/preview/ please. I wanted it to load very fast, the page is only around 13K! I may work on another one with a lot more graphics later, I will post here if I do. Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ~~~ This site has been approved~~~

------------------
    Eric Jones - SitePoint Administrator
    http://www.sitepoint.com
    eric@sitepoint.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I changed the design around a bit - it looks much better. Check it out and tell me how you like it.

Thanks.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Matt,

The site looks very professional so far. It's hard to tell with only the header, footer and sidebar to review, but so far so good. I like the logo for WebDevHQ, which (again) looks very professional.

I like how its possible to view the site with almost any type of resolution or browser.

Again, it's hard to judge your site based on what is currently on offer, but still it looks great so far.

Best of luck,
    Andrew.

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Like what insomniac said, it's a little difficult to judge right now but what you have is looking good.

You might want to try the (in Photoshop) Gaussian Blur -> Adjust Levels trick for nicer rounded corners though.

I also find the advertisement banner a little out of place.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out http://www.webdevhq.com/articles for a new design - I think I will use that.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see what's different about the second one, but maybe that's because you changed the first in the meantime

Maybe you should consider moving the logo to the left of the banner. The menu isn't easy to scan with my eyes (I generally ignore the descriptions unless I am looking for something very specific). Perhaps you could repeat the different sections somewhere else as a simple list of links? Or make subcategories? Maybe you could compensate for this by using some more color so the more important elements stand out.

These are just the thoughts that occured to me. It's a very good and effective design, and very low on kilobytes.