SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

We are in beta ( http://www.lottospots.com ) but will be going live on June 1 and could use a review or two of the site functions. Many thanks in advance,

larry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ~~~ This Site has Been approved ~~~

------------------
    Eric Jones - SitePoint Administrator
    http://www.sitepoint.com
    eric@sitepoint.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eyecatching, clean and loads quick. Hope the alert box is there only for beta, and not when it goes live.... In summary:

1) The pink/salmon text on yellow in the right margin is VERY difficult to read, especially on higher resolutions. Suggest another color for the text that will provide more contrast.
    2) On the Keno log-in screen, the small black text on a bright blue is also difficult to read. I'd soften the blue, or use white or yellow text and a different font, such as Verdana or Arial bold...
    3) I received the following error message when I clicked for my free numbers:
    "Error Occurred While Processing Request
    Error Diagnostic Information
    Server busy or unable to fulfill request. The server is unable to fulfill your request due to extremely high traffic or an unexpected internal error. Please attempt your request again (if you are repeatedly unsuccessful you should notify the site administrator). (Location Code: 25)"

Hope this helps...
    Kent

------------------
    Honorary Clubhouse Janitor
    http://www.simpletractors.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kent,

Thanks for taking the time to review the site. The alert box will go away when the beta is finished.

1) The moreover news feed will probably go away before we go live...it slows the load time of the page and really does not add much to the site anyway.

2) I think I will lighten the blue...it is a little difficult to read.

3) Thats a pain..I have big plans for the site so I will probably move it to a "more" dedicated server than the one it is on.

Great feedback kent, I appreciate the thoughts!

larry

Confirmed Halfwit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ummm... I'm not sure what the goal of this site is. Are you a redirect to the local state lottery site? A redirect to the free internet lottories? Those two drop down lists are nice, but they quickly brought me to a different site.

Why send people away from your site so easily?

The site layout is good, though. I like how you have seperated the three columns, with main text in the middle.

When the players are automatically added to the keno game thingy, you should provide a "click here to play" button or something so that they don't have to hit their back button.

------------------
    www.gimmeabuck.com <-- Have you given me a buck yet!?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the review. I am hoping by your comments that when you selected a site in the dropdown(s) that the site you went to was still framed by the lottospots frame at the top.?. The site is designed to allow people to check their states daily numbers, play all the different free internet lotteries, and play our free keno. I agree a button would be nice at that spot you speak of...perhaos we can add that! Thanks much for the review (and I hope you got enough games of free keno in to win the $50.00...it sure beats a dollar!)

larry

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks Ok I am not too sure about the high contrast of the blue and yellow but it loads quickly!!