SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My site has been redesigned for the scond time so hopefully it's better than last:

Site is at: http://wrestlinglinks.virtualave.net
    or the domain: http://www.wrestlingsites.co.uk

and the old site is at: http://www.worldofwrestling.co.uk

thanx for the input in advance!!

------------------
    Visit http://www.worldofwrestling.co.uk

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ~~~ This site is approved. ~~~

Domain name doesn't work. You have to use the Virtual Avenue Address.

------------------
    Wayne Luke - Sitepoint Moderator/Internet Media Developer
    Digital Magician Studios - Making Magic with Web Applications
    wluke@digitalmagician.com

[This message has been edited by wluke (edited May 25, 2000).]

Confirmed Halfwit
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The initial screen layout is pretty nice. I like how you have both sides with your navigation. I also see that it holds its shape no matter the resolution. Good thinking.

The yellow is a bit odd, but it certainly got my attention!

My suggestions:

Change the link rollovers to a different color instead of just adding the underline.

Arg! I absolutely hate it when people use underlines for their headings. (Underline = hyperlink) Maybe use a different color instead of underlines for the headings. either that or make the heading into a hyperlink, too! My first impulse was to click the heading. It took a second before I figured out the yellow was actually the link.

I link your main logo.

Clicking on the submit button on your suggest.shtml page brought me to a 404 error. I tried it three times.

A can't think of too much I would change. The site is very to the point and gets the information to the audience.

In advert.shtml the text is all squashed into one paragraph. Seperate it and add the hyperlink to the email address. Use lots of whitespace in your site.

On left your nag bar, the SCWF link could open a new browser window instead of leaving your site.

On the home page, add spaces between each of the headings. It's a bit cramped.

Nice site. You've obviously put a lot of work into the design and layout.

Cheers.

------------------
    www.gimmeabuck.com <-- Have you given me a buck yet!?

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice looking site. The black and yellow work well, though I agree with the other posting re the underlining - the first thing I tried to do was click on one - but it was just a heading.

I'm looking at it on* 1024*768 and to my mind the search mailing list etc inner column is too wide. I'd suggest you let the left hand side column flucuate to accomodate changes in viewing size rather than this one.

Also in the left hand side inner column a one paragraph blurb would be nice.

In "suggest a site" I think the bold italic text is a bit heavy - consider dropping the bold

On the wrestlers page, the left and right hand columns are out of alignment - they seem to be trimming to about 99% of the upper table size - I'm using NS4.71 so you may want to check that. Same goes for Contact page althugh there it is more severe - perhaps 97%

Lastly, blue links make better naviagtion but I don't want to wrestle over this one...(excuse the pun) as blue would clash pretty terribly

Overall - very nice, very quick page, I got all the pages I looked at in under 10sec and I'm on a lousy connection.

Good Job

Dr Gonzo

Oops almost forgot, on the home page I think the SWCF logo is too big

and, as I'm a moron with regard to wrestling a glossary of all those acronyms would be helpful...

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pages are all called together using SSI so I dunno what the problem with the columns is? I have a look

The site was recently moved so thats why suggest a site doesn't work! - I'll sort that out

I'll change the center left columns to variable width and the right to fixed - the titles will have spaces above them and text will not be underlined.

I'm trying to sort out a thingy for the SCWF link to record how many people click it - and the SCWF logo was just a mockup - I'm waiting for one to be made for me.

I was thinking about making a glossary - now I'm definatly gonna make one !!

cheers for the help!!

********* Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey,
    Well, I do like the layout itself and the color scheme. The layout looks extremely similr to the http://webmasterdir.com/WebDevHQ/ though.

Also, you should probably underline your links. I mean, they look very nice the way they are not but maybe somebody who came to your site, doesn't even knows that the headline is the actuall link...

And the last but not least, I think that the layout would look much better if the two columns on the right and on the left would be equal in height.

Boris

------------------
    Echo Web: The Web Developer's Starting Point
    http://echodev.com

SitePoint Guru
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really like your site, layout, colours are all well done.

Only thing I have to suggest (and I'm nitpicking here) is to antialiase the curves. Minor detail, but its a pet peeve of mine.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't sure about the dark background, but you seem to have conquered it and it look nice. It took a little while to load and I am on a 56k Modem.

I really like the way you have the two sides with the links and then the news or whatever in the middle. That's the kind of design I'd like to do for my site.

Good layout, though I am still not sure about the black background though it seems to work for you.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks a bit scary..... But if that's your intention then you have succeeded! ;-)

Kind regards,

Martijn