SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question HELP! Netscape compatibility problems.

Please help!

I just uploaded a temporary site to http://lutheransem.tripod.com , and it appears fine on Internet Explorer. However, I have run in to several problems with Netscape. If you can help me with any of the following questions that would be great!

1) The top image (part of a Dreamweaver template file) has gaps between the image slices in Netscape. How do I get rid of the gaps so that it looks like it does in Internet Explorer?

2) The left menu with fly-outs won't fly out whatsoever. I used Dreamweaver 4 Magic to help me build the fly-out layers, and the book said it was compliant with NN 4.07-4.78. So, I shouldn't be having any problems with the Javascript behaviours, but obviously I am.

3) On the faculty page, I tried activating the first two names on the list to test a new design. But when you try and click on the two names and the green buttons to navigate, the onClick and onBlur actions Javascript won't work. I don't know Javascript too good (obviously)and don't know what to do.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks,
    Hamnet.
    Adopt A Beard.com: Get peace of mind with a piece of mine.

Ohio - U.S.A. Outlook: Cautiously Optimistic
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) The top image (part of a Dreamweaver template file) has gaps between the image slices in Netscape. How do I get rid of the gaps so that it looks like it does in Internet Explorer?

I checked it in 4.7 and it looks fine. Usually that's caused by the <tr>'s and <td>'s being on separate lines. A lot of wysiwyg editors compose tables that way.

2) The left menu with fly-outs won't fly out whatsoever. I used Dreamweaver 4 Magic to help me build the fly-out layers, and the book said it was compliant with NN 4.07-4.78. So, I shouldn't be having any problems with the Javascript behaviours, but obviously I am.

Didn't work for me either. I would go to Macromedia's site and see if they have a knowledge base or faq for Dreamweaver. You're probably not the first with this problem. In the meantime, as a temporary solution, you could just have the sub menu items below the main item in a smaller font size.

Can't help you on #3, that's unfortunate that it won't work. That's a very nice effect. You might want to ask on the JavaScript forum about that one.

I wanted to mention, your links in the footer in 4.7 are HUGE. You might want to check out what you have them set to. It's breaking up the bottom half of your page. I looked at the code and it's because you have them nested in between a <h1> tag. (that's pretty big for footer fonts)

Netscape really makes you code properly, it will make you better in the long run. You might not have any hair left though

Good luck,
    Palmer