SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please take a look at http://www.webpromotionadvice.com

It is a web promotion site, the classical type. I would appriciate some feedback on the content, navigation and "look". I have had some problems with netscape and explorer compatibility, but I hope it is OK now.

Jon Pall
    jonpall@jonpall.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok Jon. First of all this caught my eye first thing...The text a the top should be moved down 'into' your design; it looks strange to me above it. Layout looks okay but I think it might be a good idea to liven it up a bit and add a third color. Seems to be too much contrast with the dark blue and white background. Other than that, I like it. These are only my opinions though, so you don't have to change anythgin if you like things thee way they are.

Timothy
    http://WebmasterInfomration.com
    (Coming Soon)

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I agree partly, but I am giving some "look" features up for Search engine compatibility. I donīt like refreash doorway pages and this was my choice. You can see that the H1 sentance near the top is also because of SE. I donīt like it but Se are important for us all, and they bring us the needed hits to survive.

What kind of third color, I was thinking about a gray tone or perhaps a lighter blue tone? what do you think?

jonpall

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ~~~ This site has been approved ~~~

------------------
    Eric Jones - SitePoint Administrator
    http://www.sitepoint.com
    eric@sitepoint.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The firs line at the top really doesn't look very professional. I would also add some more space (3 pixels or so) around the text on the left blue bar. Other than that, the overall look is great!

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As for my personal view, I think you do not have to put bullets on your main menu. Learn that from "Creating Killer Web sites". Maybe you can add a little hover on your upper menu to spice a bit. Hope this helps.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the website has an excellent URL, which would score highly with search engines and easier to remember too. Apart from that, you have some serious problems with the navigation and design, which could affect your visitors' experience.

Firstly, the font face should be changed to maybe Arial or Verdana (my favourites) because let's face it, no one uses Times New Roman anymore. It looks too conventional and boring.

Secondly,at first glance, nothing stand out from the front page, except the huge yellow banner placed at the middle of the page. This could distract your visitor's attentiaon from your main content, and may make it more difficult for them to concentrate on your textual contents. My advice is to place the banner on the very top of the page, or at the bottom.

Thirdly, your link is difficult to distinguish from normal text. Sure it works fine for the left navigation area, but on the main content area, it becomes not legible. Maybe you could replace the link color using CSS, or use images for the left navigation area.

Well, that's my two cents. Maybe you should practice what you preach concerning website design and promotion.

------------------
    Sharifudin Rizal
    DarkStation.Com
    No-Nonsense PlayStation Website
    http://www.darkstation.com