SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Visible Ninja bronze trophy
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post PHP Retail Website

I have read the online article, bought the book, and posted in forums. I have been somewhat sucessful in pulling data from tables in a formated manner. However I am looking for much more than a joke database. I need a system with categories, sub categories, and individual products. I understand the basics of this are explained by Kevin, but they are glossed over. How can I learn more about PHP as far as syntax? I have made examples myself and tried to build upon them but they rarely work out.

I guess what I am looking for is another tutorial to cross-reference or a list commands and what they are used for. I need just one more step to get a firm grasp of PHP. This is my first server side language and I am having a really hard time with it.
    TAKE A WALK OUTSIDE YOUR MIND.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you used the documentation on php.net? It's one of the best examples of documentation I've ever seen. It's not a tutorial, but it gives examples as well as has user comments for every aspect of PHP -- it really is great. If you haven't used it very much, I think you should. I use it quite extensively.

-Colin
    Colin Anderson
    Ambition is a poor excuse for those without
    sense enough to be lazy.