SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please review this site. It was created by me (16 years old.) I would appreciate all comments from you webmasters.
    http://www.teenfront.com

Thanks

Nick Bell

------------------
    <A HREF="http://www.teenfront.com
    The" TARGET=_blank>www.teenfront.com
    The</A> teen site on the web!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ~~~ This site has been approved ~~~

------------------
    Eric Jones - SitePoint Administrator
    http://www.sitepoint.com
    eric@sitepoint.com
    ICQ 1215804 (mention WR)

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

I think your site looks really good. There are a few things you shoud think about changing though. They are just minor but here they are:
    1) Your logo looks really blurry. I think it shoud just be a plain white background behind your logo. It just seems really blurry and doesnt go well.
    2)I think your menu on the right should have curved corners. I just think it would look better.
    3)The top links on your navigational bar should have some effect i think. Maybe have a underline appear when ya roll over them. Something simple but not to simple like it is.
    4)I think your very bottom menu with your copyright info should be different. I just dont think it looks right. I also think your logo below that shouldnt be there.

Other then all that i think your site looks really good! Good Job!

------------------
    Adam
    WSDS
    adamlee@mediaone.net

[This message has been edited by bilbong30 (edited May 01, 2000).]

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nick,

Your well on your way to a really great site.
    My spill,
    I think the light-blue is a little much on the quick links area. I would go with a white background instead of the neo-blue.

Michael Martin www.sclakes.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ie4, 800x600, 28.8k

hey,
    the site looks really good. I really like the layout and the content it looks like you site could be really popular if you promote it right. Theres only a couple things.
    First, i noticed a couple things that might relate to guys (gadgets etc...) more than girls, but yet the color scheme is distinctly for the girls. I just think that if you are trying to get more guy visitors maybe the color scheme might not be the best. The light blue is cool, just the purple that is a little girly.
    Also, theres not really a place for a what's new, other than the site of the week. and thats a little far down. Maybe you could make a whats new page, or news page or something.
    Other than those little things the site is really cool, (im jealous) and i wish you luck with it.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like it. Looks very clean and professional. Loads quickly which is a huge plus. The only 2 points I think you need to know about, is first on the quick links menu on the right side, there are 2 images on the bottom that fail to load. Also, on the top menus I think you should remove on of the "home" links. Preferabley the lower one.

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IE5, Win2kPro, 1600x1200@32

It looks good and has that 'teen' look to it. Also as was mentioned before it loads QUICKLY!

However the "Health + Sex" section...maybe you should change its name. If a teen's parents saw him/her browsing on a page entitled "Sex" then they'd probably be suspicious.

The "t" circle is very cool! It looks very Old-Navy'ish (Old Navy is a popular clothing store directed towards teens, in the US).

I think you'd hit the jackpot; you know what type of content to provide it AND how to display it.

P.S. If moderators want to filter out the word above then that's ok!

------------------
    Who the heck is Gen. Failure and why does he want to read my hard drive?
    Soon to come: Aspology.com

JavaScript Guru (Big Ego) Arielladog's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that is very neat. Here are some suggestions though for the great-looking site.

1. The logo has the background to it...I would get rid of that.

2. Might want to make the light-blue darker and dark blue lighter so they will blend a little better. Just a tad closer to each other on eht color shades.

3. I would justify all of the text in the middle if it doesn't make it look too odd.

4. On the bottom of the homepage, you have a blue box with some links to it...I would make the blue box flat or something because for some reason to me it looks out of place.

5. I like the orange and the dark blue better than the light blue and dark blue (unless you make shades closer). Try using the orange more, it looks really good.

6. Not really sure if I like having two menu bars...one on left and one on right. Not sure if there is a better way to organize it though.

7. On the fashion page, the link to spring wear is farther down compared to the iamge for the hair one.

8. I happen to like the background for some images. For example, I like the background and border for the television on the entertainment page.

9. on health + sex, in the middle, the stuff on the left column is higher than on the right.

10. On your site, halth + sex and Interactive zone, the quick link part on the right is different. Other parts of your site may be like this, but I noticed these two pages. On one, it says quick link. On the other, it has another link and some other differences.

I am a teen, so I might be good in reviewing this, but I am not you, so I don't have what you have in mind for the site. I have a cable modem and can't judge the speed of the loading webpage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

Looking at your site from mainly a design point of view because thats what i do, i would suggest trying to resize your logo and top navigation bars to hug your banner advertisement a little better, so there would be less whitespace around it? Im not sure if im explaining this well, but it would involve extending the logo down to reach the dark blue line (would look really cool) and moving the banner more to the right or left, and filling in the extra space with something? perhaps a larger logo?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First of all - I think the page rocks!

Just a few changes -

-the alignment of the drop down box to the top menu bar is off.

-typo in the drop down list ('entertainment').

-I would make the text in the 'problem page' the same as the text in the 'Q&A page'. I found that the large unformatted text on the 'problem page' didn't look as tidy as it could look.

Just a few minor fixes... I couldn't see anything major I would change, though.

GREAT job!