SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How much do copywriters charge?

I want to hire some professionals to write content for the clients of my fledgling web design business.

I looked online for some candidates but their samples did not seem suitable. I am looking from someone to write general web copy for small businesses. Nothing fancy, just simple, clear content.

What do people charge?

Thanks.

Word Painter silver trophy Shyflower's Avatar
    Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Some charge by word, some by page, some by hour and some by project. Most that I have seen, including me, have different rates for different services. Your best bet is to find someone whose style you like and contact them to inquire about their rates, experience, and skill set just as your clients inquire about the services that you provide.
    Linda Jenkinson
    "Say what you mean. Mean what you say. But don't say it mean." ~Unknown

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The rate on how much a copywriter charges, depends on the length of the work. The best way is to go over websites that provides a list of applicants. You will see how much are they charging and their qualifications too.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Php100 for 300 word unique article, philippines though

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricialicious View Post
    So that is what all copywriters in the Philippines charge? Here in the States we all set our own prices.
    Linda Jenkinson

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tricialicious View Post
    Are you a Filipino? Does the price also change depending on the subject?

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I told you one of my client is a copywriter - they charge 500 per day, or 62.50 per hour. At this time That's person working for IT business to business type stuff which it seems there's a huge market for, not sure about other areas.

SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have had positive experience with the proof reading and copy-writing services. From my experiences they either charge per hour or on a character basis, or if it's for ghost writing services. I recommend using a professional to do the job, you'll clearly see a difference to what you write and you'll never look back either.
    follow me on ayyelo, Easy WordPress; specializing in setting up themes!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They charge based on how good they are, how long it takes them, a percentage , or per word. The prices vary a lot you can get ok copy or super good copy . Ranging 20$ to 10k

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,
    A Mr Singh sent me a message but my email account was deleted accidently and I have lost their contact. Please send me a message through sitepoint.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Shyflower; Jan 6, 2012 at 16:29. Reason: original post approved and restored

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @drakke ; Sorry, but members are not allowed to request or offer services within our threads. Please check you pm folder or use the member search function to find your party.
    Linda Jenkinson

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry but I lost their email and their notification on sitepoint seems to have disappreared. I dorgot their username so I cannot search or them.
    Is there anywhay I can get sitepoint to resurrect the notifictaion that the forum sent to me.

My email account was deleted by accident.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @drakke ; checking with the higher power. (The Galactic Overlord, as it were)
    Linda Jenkinson

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drakke View Post

What do people charge?
    I pay my writers $3 for 500 word count contents. I know there is lots of writers those are ready to to write for $1.5-2 BUT it is all about the quality content.

I would like to suggest you join some online marketplace and get some samples, yes i know you are tired by doing this, but you have to do it for getting right candidate

#titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    Mentioned
    245 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    $3 for 500 words? That's a missery but I guess if you have good writers that do it for that much then you're sorted out. I would find it more believable if that amount was for word.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @Clarkjackson ; That amount is abyssmal. I wouldn't even bother opening my Office program for that amount or answering an inquiry that suggested such low pay. At that price, you hiring copy/paste typists. I'd really like to see a sample of what you call "quality".

And by the way... no professional writer in their right mind will do "sample" work. If you want to find a good writer, find one that has a portfolio of sold work. Those who want "samples" are generally looking for someithing (the sample) for nothing (of course $3.00 for 500 words is already there).

If you want to see what GOOD writers charge, do a Google search and compare their sites, their portfolios, and their quality.
    Linda Jenkinson

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkjackson View Post
    I pay my writers $3 for 500 word count contents. I know there is lots of writers those are ready to to write for $1.5-2 BUT it is all about the quality content.

I would like to suggest you join some online marketplace and get some samples, yes i know you are tired by doing this, but you have to do it for getting right candidate
    How do you provide them with content material?

1) do you give them a topic and have them research?
    2) do you do the research and list the main bullet point and have them write the prose?

I find I can write the content in bullet points but itis difficult for me to write it.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) do you give them a topic and have them research?
    Yes, i give them topic to write on it. <snip>
    2) do you do the research and list the main bullet point and have them write the prose?
    No, they do research for collecting data to write on them, I only give them some instruction that should be follow on writing style
    Last edited by Shyflower; Jan 7, 2012 at 10:01. Reason: removed promoitonal link

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyflower View Post
    @Clarkjackson ; you hiring copy/paste typists. I'd really like to see a sample of what you call "quality".
    May be they copy paste the content from other resources but i found their contents pass by copyscape and grammarly test. <snip>

Quote Originally Posted by Shyflower View Post
    If you want to see what GOOD writers charge, do a Google search and compare their sites, their portfolios, and their quality.
    And how we can make sure that they are not outsourcing their writing work to other writers those are offering $3 for 500 word??
    Last edited by Shyflower; Jan 7, 2012 at 09:56. Reason: removed self-promotional link

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never give up until you find the right person. I think some writers are just overrated. There are many excellent writers in Asia who don't demand much.

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    And how we can make sure that they are not outsourcing their writing work to other writers those are offering $3 for 500 word??
    Because they provide services that content mills don't provide.

Quote Originally Posted by shaeldl View Post
    Never give up until you find the right person. I think some writers are just overrated. There are many excellent writers in Asia who don't demand much.
    True, there are excellent low-paid writers in every country. I understand that they can charge less because their expenses and cost of living are lower than in other areas. However, I always wonder, if you know that your neighbor can make , for example, twice as much as you for doing the same work why would you charge less than your neighbor? Wouldn't your standard of living improve even more if you upped your prices to what the competitive market bears?
    Linda Jenkinson

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Let me remind all participants in this thread that SitePoint Forum is not a marketplace. If any more solicitations or self-promotional messages of any kind are posted in this thread, it will be closed.

If you wish to either find or offer services, use the SitePoint Marketplace.
    Linda Jenkinson

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, they do research for collecting data to write on them, I only give them some instruction that should be follow on writing style
    Is this writing for client websites (ie. business websites) or your own projects?

Mentioned
    142 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    THREAD CLOSED

Members are not allowed to try to conduct their businesses within our threads.
    Linda Jenkinson