SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Live Motions is my site , I just want to know how it is, or something, please don't hold back any bad words, just really let me know, the url is http://livemotions.virtualave.net

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ~~~ This site is approved ~~~

The site loaded at a decent speed. The color scheme is good and complimentary.

I didn't like the font it seems to small at 640X480, 800X600, and 1024X768. It will be even smaller on Macintosh screens.

------------------
    Wayne Luke
    WR Moderator
    Internet Media Provider

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three things that jumped out at me.
    <UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI>The fonts are definitely too small. You really have to strain to read the text and links.
    <LI>What is the purpose/mission of your web site? It is not really clear.
    <LI>I read the first three paragraphs and they seemed a bit unprofessional. It came across as if you were writing notes to a friend.
    </UL>
    IMHO,
    Westmich

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am on Netscape 4.7 and the site does not show. I can veiw the site in IE 4.01.

I liked the links at the top and the site is easy to navigate. Although the small fonts are hard to read. I was not sure what this site was about. The home page & the sub pages all seem to have the same layout except for the sub page tutorials.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello,

Um, I was kind of lost when the site loaded. What is this site about. I think it’s a webmasters resource kind of site, but I am not sure. So that is a problem.

Fonts way to small. I have a 17” monitor set at 1024x768 with small fonts and I had to scoot up to the screen to read it.

I viewed your site with IE 5.0, site loaded good, less then 20 seconds total load time. Frames worked fine. Nice layout, just to small of fonts. Also what is that picture in the left side of your header frame? Looks Aztec.

Place a temp page on the pages you do not have done, I dislike getting page not found. This happened on Links, News, and Contacts.

I hate to be so negative, but the fonts being so small I really did not dig to much into the site. Main page should tell me what the site is about.

That’s about all I can say at this time.

Keep the faith…

Michael

------------------
    World National Fantasy Basketball Association
    www.wnfba.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a good site.

The content is really good.

I find that navigation is really easy, but the type is a little small on the hyper links. Mainly the menu bar at the top.

Skills to Pay the Bills Sparkie's Avatar
    A cave with 47 computers and an internet feed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to fix the font - and on your most recent addition, you have 'no' instead of 'now'.

I love the main graphic.. the aztec pyramid and the black boarder look really nice!

Although I'm not sure what the purpose of the site is...

Sparkie

------------------
    Leave Your Mark!
    www.pawsitronic.com

Your one-stop web design solution!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yo:

The site itself looks pretty good, although you should take the advice of everyone and make the font at least a little bigger, although I see why, with the small font, it makes it look really sleek. Also, what, exactly, is this site for? You need a mission statement or something similar on the main page to let people know the function of the site. Other than that, it looks great, and is easily navigable. Good luck!

-Irish Loop

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The purpose of the page was a webmaster resource / personal / mixed bag kind of site, I was just shooting for a page that has a lot of content and that just would attract many visitors. Any suggestions? Besides the font is too small.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi there,

You need to change your HTML source for index page or noone with Netscape will see your site: just correct your closing frameset tag &lt;frameset&gt; to &lt;/frameset&gt;.
    Otherwise, site looks clean and easy to navigate - you might want to check for broken links, ex. http://livemotions.virtualave.net/links/index.html does not egsist

Yours,

------------------
    Netscape

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can do an Eclectic webmaster resources site. I would suggest several things though.

Profanity is not very professional. Professional developers will look down on that and down on you. (Personal Thoughts)

Make sure your point is said up front. Come to the point. A simple "News" headline won't work. You want it on the first fold all the time. You can put your news under that.

Get rid of Members on your navigation menu. This leads to your maintenance scripts for NewsPro. Its just asking for people to try and hack your site. You know its there and that is all that is necessary. Bookmark the page and go from there.

Finally Content, Content, Content... You need more content. While your building up take a look around and see if you can use content from other sites. Give the owner recognition and you will find that people will let you use some of their content. It will polish your site until you can build up your own. You could probably write one or several articles on your quicklinks.

------------------
    Wayne Luke
    WR Moderator
    ICQ 29015947

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the banner, it is artistic and appears professional (although not really fitting the site - more below). I like the nav bar too. Simple and functional.

I didn't understand the focus of the site, and I had to read your commment from this forum before I realized its purpose.

Unless I am missing the obvious, I think the name of the site doesn't match at all... and actually hampered my ability to quickly understand what the site was about. LiveMotions is a nice sounding name... but before I clicked on your link, the name had conjured up thoughts of an excercise or fitness site... then I saw the banner (again, very attractive) which then immediately made me think of travel. So, by the time I got to the content, my mind already had several pre-conceived, and incorrect, notions as to what I would find there.

Maybe in the header section a phrase stating the purpose of the site may clarify things a bit like... "A resource for webmasters".

Also, the tutorials section has a different look than the balance of the site, and lends the *appearance* that the html code was just copied elsewhere and plopped on your pages. I am not saying you did that, the different look of these pages just makes it look that way... and that turns me off a bit.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well I must agree with other comment on a clear topic of this site. What you need to do is to define your target market. If you mission with the domain is to attrac traffic this is not the way to do it. You have netered a very competitive arena and to succeed you need a clear strategy including a clear target market. My advice is to target a more niche type of group. The original conent you have on your site currently is site reviews. You could build a site on that toward a more specific market, defined more towards e.g. age group occupation, region ect. This work is up to you. The Internet is becoming so crowded with web development sites that you need to be original to succeed. One of the classical marketing gurues once said "It does not matter what you you do as long as you do it differently that everybode else". That should be your starting point in developing your website strategy.

jonpall

SitePoint Wizard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been said before, but it cannot be stressed enough. Content is the deciding factor in the battle of the 'Back' button.

(switch to generic visitor)
    I need to know what the site is for and why I should visit it, on the front page. Is your site a 3D animation site? A fitness site? A personal home page? I need to know if you want my visits.

(switch back to me)
    You need to make the CSS on the page a percentage, not an absolute value. If it was a percentage then no one would likely have any problems at any size.

When I move my mouse cursor over a link at the top, I have no idea where I'm going. You specify Javascript statusbar thingies (I'm certainly not Mr. Advanced JS ) to change what it says. This is common in places where they want me to click on affiliate links disguised.

I notice that each one of you has a free e-mail address. If you want to come across as a pro then you'll need a paid one at a custom domain.

Also, one of the news items (at http://livemotions.virtualave.net/th...56065824,1455, ) is very unprofessional and, to be rather blunt, pointless.

You need to decide whether you want to make people think you're serious or if you're not. As of right now, visitors won't quite know what to think.

------------------
    Who the heck is Gen. Failure and why does he want to read my hard drive?
    Soon to come: Aspology.com

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You might want to change the font size to at least a size 10. Also, consider having your table of contents, and logo both at the same frame. It would definitely increase the loading time.

------------------
    Ali Mousavi
    CarAudioClub.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Font was way too small.

The site contents are positioned well, colors are good.

I would make the font size larger.. and if this takes up too much room and makes the site took cramped, then I would use some other navigational tools (pop down menus, for example) to clean up the site some.

Site is mostly good, in my opinion.