SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a site I am putting together for my friend's band. It is nowhere near done but the main parts are. Also, as far as the color scheme goes, take in account that these guys like the whole glowing, black light, neon life. Anyways, let me know what you think of my flash animation and my navbar. Along with anything else you wish to comment on. All the graphics were done by me.
    http://www.aliswell.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ~~~ This site has been approved ~~~

------------------
    Eric Jones - SitePoint Administrator
    http://www.sitepoint.com
    eric@sitepoint.com
    ICQ 1215804 (mention WR)

JavaScript Guru (Big Ego) Arielladog's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First thing i noticed was that on the flash animation, I couldn't read the texxt that flashed accross. I could barely, I mean barely, read the text of the band in the end, "al is well". I would recommend not have the java apllet site. They are slow loading and take up many resources. Javascrips are ok, but too many of those slow stuff down too. I coudln't see the java applet for some reason. I went to the other sight and will critique that one.

1. You have the Al is well sign above all of these pages (in the top frame). All of your pages use green and black and only those two. If you want the main logo to be red, incorperate the red throughout the page.

2. Now title...you had no title located on your page.

3. for the bios, I didn't like how the pic was the background..it was kind of hard to read, and the pic didn't cover all of the text, making the rest look awkward

4. Under the upcoming shows section, the purple doesn't go very well with the rest of the site...it is like a sore thumb sticking out.

5. Under some pic thumbnails you have info, and some you do not. I would reccomend some info for all of them. When you click on the thumbnail to see the pic, you are viewing the actual image throught the browser. THe background is gray then. I would reccomend creating a page for each picture and making the background black, centering it, and maybe writing some detailed info about each picture, although the detailed info about each picture might be going a bit too far.

6. Under the videos section, you use a strange background for the headings. that is ok, but use in some of the other subheadings for ecah page so it will blend in better with the rest of the site.

7. I didn't notice this the first time, but under Bleu in the bios, you have a weird background that doesn't go with the site. It is out of place as the other frames are just black.

-Please remember, I am not you and these are just suggestions...I do not have the same idea for the site that you do, so your opinions are probably better. Keep up the good work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1) The site doesn't look very professional. Ignore that if you weren't going for that. Check out http://www.bloodhoundgang.com/ for a great example of how a band website can be both fun and professional at the same time.

2) The bios as image files will take a real long time to load on a slow connection. The images behind the text detracted from the text too much also.

3) I am a fan of frames, but I don't think resizeable frames work well at all. You should make them constant.

4) The java navigation looks very cool. I'm not sure if it's a good idea to use it, but it definitely looks cool.

5) The flash animation in the beginning is well used. It's not too long, but adds just the right amount of shazam. You should slow it down a little bit though.

------------------
    - Elan!
    - ElanCity.com