SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Windows dedicated for several domains, do I need Plesk?

I need to buy a Windows dedicated server.

Up not now, I was using a regular hosting to host this site. As I'm planning to launch it with cctld (regional domains) for each country, I will need to host several sites (one for each country).

The question is, do I need Plesk panel? Will it help for configure domains? Or I can manage the accounts directly from IIS? (Not sure how to admin web space for each domain from IIS).

Many thanks

SitePoint Author silver trophybronze trophy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No reason to use plesk anywhere these days even if you have 2000 domains. IIS-wise, you would just make one virtual site for each country. If they are similar enough, you could probably script the creation without too much trouble.

Twitter: @TimIgoe silver trophy TimIgoe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No control panel is required to do hosting, it just makes life easier to have somethign where you can click a few buttons to create / manage all aspects of a domain and server simply. There are tools within the IIS to allow you to do this, while basic should be sufficient.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No control panel is required - it just makes your life a bit easier if you aren't a skilled server administrator. Being a server administrator in the enterprise hosting world for the past 10+ years, myself, I hate control panels and prefer to manage systems without them myself. Control panels like Plesk like to 'take over' a system and do things the 'plesk way.' And when Plesk breaks, boy, you better run for cover! lol
    Ron Johnson :: BlackMesh Managed Hosting
    Leading the way in enterprise Drupal hosting!
    W: www.blackmesh.com E: rjohnson@blackmesh.com
    P: 703-857-5970