SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everyone:

Well, I've finally finished it. WrestleGamez.com (http://www.wrestlegamez.com for those if you who are... well... slow). My friends said that I need more images... but I'd like to get some feedback from you guys. I tried to make a site that was original, easily navigable, and just plain fun. Did I succeed? If you're not a wrestling fan, your opinion might differ. If you are, ESPECIALLY let me know. Thanks.

-Josh

[This message has been edited by wluke (edited April 25, 2000).]

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ~~~ This site is approved ~~~

Unfortunately the site does not confer any of the glitz and glamour of wrestling today. The site needs to be livened up somewhat.

Other than that the site is functional and looks fine. You might think about adding a right margin to the pages though so text doesn't run up against the scroll bar. Also the rating for the trivia quiz is a little small. Took me a while to read it. Make that font a little larger (only got 10 but I can't stand wrestling since my ex-wife watched it 24/7)

------------------
    Wayne Luke
    WR Moderator
    ICQ 29015947

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your left menu bar comes out of the red background at a higher resolution. You can fix this by placing an align=left attribute in your table's tag.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You say that my site needs to be livened up a bit - but I'm not graphic designer. Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do to liven it up a bit? More graphics? Animated graphics? Suggestions are more than welcome.

-Josh

SitePoint Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi - Just so you know I'm looking at your site at 1024x768.

I would suggest trying to get a front page without all the writing on it. Put buttons in to link to pages with the text on. It's a bit daunting turning up on such a text heavy page.

This is jus a personal thing but I wouldn't metion that the site is new - it implies that it will be a flash in the pan.

How about having the poll about the best bits of the site as a poll of the best wrestlers?

How about offering a wrestling screen-saver as a prize for people entering your trivia quiz - there are loads of freeware screensaver creators around.

Anyway - hope that helps a bit!

Pete

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out your competition to see what they offer then decide what to add from there. Also check out other sports sites like ESPN Game Zone and CBS Sportsline to get ideas. The site doesn't convey wrestling to me though the only thing I am comparing it to is television commercials on wrestling.

------------------
    Wayne Luke
    WR Moderator
    ICQ 29015947

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The left menu comes out of the red on my screen (1024x780). Also you should be consistent with your colors for headings. In fact I think you should make the headings graphics with a drop shawdow or something to make them stand out. Also try Changing the font or making it smaller. I am not sure if the red goes good with plain white, but thats just me.

------------------
    Nate
    nate@jumpthru.com
    ICQ 70944023
    http://www.jumpthru.com - Free web hosting.
    http://www.webmaster-sources.com - Build your site today!
    http://www.funandfreestuff.com - Because life was meant to be free.

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You told me that with a higher resolution, my buttons come out of the menu bar. Why is this, and how can it be avoided? I specified image widths and heights, so maybe that helped? Please get back to me.

-Josh

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree it needs glitz and glamor. I'll be more than happy to help jazz it up a bit. Just drop me an e-mail if I can help.

Michael Martin www.sclakes.com