SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Thread: Just because

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although I was not really looking for a lot of feed back, but since I've been giving it...

Yes, I know this site is based on a FP2000 Theme. My only apology is that a) I am more intrested in content and b) it's something I do in my spare time.
    www.communitychurchumc.org

Westmich

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ~~~ This site has been approved ~~~

------------------
    Eric Jones - WR Administrator
    http://www.sitepoint.com
    eric@sitepoint.com
    ICQ 1215804 (mention WR)

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eric beat me to this one. I was just getting ready to approve it and it already was.

You site loaded pretty good. There is nothing wrong with FrontPage Themes or any other Theme package for that matter. While I wouldn't recommend building every site with a template, time to market can be cut down immensely with templates and themes.

The one suggestion I have is that maybe you should put the address and a link to a map on the index page. Will cut down on potential phone calls.

------------------
    Wayne Luke
    WR Moderator
    Internet Media Provider

[This message has been edited by wluke (edited April 13, 2000).]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the input, WLuke. I thought directions right after the phone number was hyperlinked. Oversight on my part, but it's fixed now.

Any suggestions on the lines above the opinion poll under "Disscussions". There was one line in the code that read "print ...", but that didn't do the trick.

Westmich

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one suggestion: Put the buttons that you have on your homepage on all of your pages. It would make navigation much easier & quicker.
    Oh, maybe you could put up some more photos.
    I don't like the animated headers, but that is probably just a matter of taste.
    jbb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to aggree with jbb. Put the navigation buttons on everypage and get rid of the moving header. It looks alright but slows things down. And other than that, since its a church site and doesn't need anything real fancy, I think its fine.

------------------
    Nate
    nate@jumpthru.com
    ICQ 70944023
    http://www.jumpthru.com
    http://www.webmaster-sources.com
    http://www.funandfreestuff.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    westmich,

There's one thing that calls out fix me. Your main picture looks fine for a solid background. But if your going to use that background I suggest using a white fading border. This will help to blend it in an make it apart of the page. I myself would take the background an paste it as a fading border on the image.

Oh and this is something I got burned on with my last review. Why have a home button on your start page "AKA" home. If you want a way for visitors to get out of someone else's frames then put a link at the bottom. When you decide your going to use those buttons on every page you will be using the home button. To keep you navigation from moving up an down from the missing button on the main page replace the index pages home button with a clear button.

Ok that's enough for now

Scott Harrison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the feedback. I really do appreciate it! I did make some changes based on it.

As for the navigation buttons, they are a part of the FrontPage Template/Navigation structure. I tried it every which way and this set-up seems to work the best. I was considering revising it, but that may change. I am trying to get more people involved in the web site at church.

If more people get involved with the web site, I will porbably install FP on our church's computer and leave it in a simple Theme structure.

Thanks again,
    Westmich