SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Hybrid View

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ive just completed this site for my hometown any suggestions/comments would be welcome !
    http://www.kilkennycity.com

[This message has been edited by wluke (edited April 08, 2000).]

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ~~~ This site has been approved ~~~

The site seems to load a little slow but not unbearably so. Also putting two images for your free email service on every page is both annoying and distracting.

Your site is wrapped in frames from your domain redirecting service. This can make it difficult for search engines to index your site. If cost is a problem go to a free server like Hypermart.com or try to get a local provider to donate space in exchange for advertising.

Also your site is just a little large for 640 X 480 and definately wouldn't show up on a WebTV system properly since they don't even have horizontal scrolling capabilities.

------------------
    Wayne Luke
    WR Moderator
    Internet Media Provider

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a couple of quick suggestions-

1) Consider adding some background color to pull the three images together in your logo at the top.

2) Concerning your images section; a) use a more traditional square edged pictures instead of the wondering blurred edge, b) maybe link these images to much larger images. Landscapes and historic buildings should be able to be fully seen.

IMHO,
    Westmich

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice start.
    1. Get rid of one of the e-mail gif's.
    2. The date is good but get rid of the time.
    3. Great idea with the events but make each event a link to more information.
    4. The logo up top seems loose, disconnected.

Over all it's a very good site with a pleasing amount of content. I did however find some pages hard to read.(font was small)

Good luck.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea of columns on either side of the information cell of the table. I'm not to keen on the seperate banner and heading at the top of the home page apart from the table, but the consistency throughout the site is good. I expected the graphics to be thumbnails, and I don't like having to cycle through the pages to see them all. Better, in my opinion, to reduce them and thumbnail them, then have them all on one page, linked to bigger images.

Interesting, though. Would probably make me want to see Kilkenny if I was in Ireland.

------------------
    The Fixed Odds Forum
    http://members.tripod.co.uk/ffo/

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    many thanks for the suggestions . I'll get right down to work !!!

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the page. It loaded quickly and seemed to fit your main resolution sizes. Your images looked great. I was hoping to see them in a larger scale though.

The redundant e-mail images aren't necessary. Once is enough. On your map page, I think you should add the rest of your links rather than just a link back to the home page.

Overall, good job.

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ocarrold

Not much to say that has already been said. I like the site for the most part. Guess I never associated orange with your part of the world, not sure if that means anything or not.

Guess the only critique I have is you have some very nice photos of your town, but tell me what I am looking at. Some of us in the states have a real fascination with the history and culture of your area and it would be nice to know what some of those beautiful places are.

Other than that, good work.

Take care

MJR

------------------
    World National Fantasy Basketball Association
    www.wnfba.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lovely site man, I'm not really reviewing so I hope this wont be deleated but congrats on doing a website like that. We need way more in Ireland. I'm not sure if you know about Doras but its sorta the Yahoo! of Irish only sites ( http://www.doras.ie - Doras means Doorway to all you non Gaelic speakers ) . Again, well done!

------------------
    http://www.fuzzyminds.com

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a really well designed site. I really like the interactive map. It is one of the better sites i have seen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

The interactive map is fantastic...but the mouseover effects on the mainpage are a bit "large"...I've never been a fan of highlighting the whole "thing" like that...

Overall it looks pretty good, although I'd probably make the logo a big bigger and maybe ditch ZZN...if you have a web host that fits you can use Everyone.net or BigMailBox.com...

------------------
    Chris - TWT Commish
    http://www.warningtrack.net
    "Baseball - Baked Fresh Daily"