SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 61
  1. #26
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    7
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread reminds me so much of my older brother. He is really introverted and doesn't have any friends sadly. Its my opinion that you shouldn't care too much what other people think, but at the same time, it's also sad to live without having a good social life. You should try to get out more and do more social activities. Possibly join a gym, a social sports group, or something where you can be around other people. It takes time and practice to develop good social skills, but its a fun challenge, especially if you make a few nice friends

  2. #27
    ✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,284
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily Johnson View Post
    NO MATTER what people say EVERYONE wants to be liked. i dont care if people say i dont give a **** what people think or i live my day to be the person i am. in each and everything we do it is looked upon as wanting to be accepted or liked.
    So, by your own definition, what you've posted is driven by the want to be accepted or liked. Yet saying you don't care what people say is hardly a way to get accepted or liked. Evidently, we're not always seeking acceptance or being liked in each and every thing we do.

    I'd say, our primary motivation of everything we do is to make ourselves feel better. That may or may not include being accepted or liked.
    Saul

  3. #28
    SitePoint Member elmostreet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    15
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What would I do if no one liked me is that I will create my own world.

  4. #29
    #titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    molona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    from Madrid to Heaven
    Posts
    8,173
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elmostreet View Post
    What would I do if no one liked me is that I will create my own world.
    That's a possibility

    Although some people creates their own world even before they know if anybody likes them or no

    I personally don't worry often about these things... live is too short (and complicated) to be pondering on these topics

  5. #30
    ✯✯✯ silver trophybronze trophy php_daemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,284
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by molona View Post
    I personally don't worry often about these things... live is too short (and complicated) to be pondering on these topics
    That's because everyone likes you
    Saul

  6. #31
    SitePoint Wizard silver trophy Crazybanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    In tha fruit cellar
    Posts
    1,379
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by php_daemon View Post
    That's because everyone likes you
    Aha!
    Who's to doom when the judge himself is dragged before the bar


  7. #32
    #titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    molona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    from Madrid to Heaven
    Posts
    8,173
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @php_daemon ; and @Crazybanana ; Oooooh! you're sooooo sweet! Not true but good enough for me

  8. #33
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    24
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I get rich nobody hates me

  9. #34
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When no one likes me, i think.. hhmmm i don't like anyone too. lol hehehe

  10. #35
    #titanic {float:none} silver trophy
    molona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    from Madrid to Heaven
    Posts
    8,173
    Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by belial66 View Post
    When no one likes me, i think.. hhmmm i don't like anyone too. lol hehehe


    Now seriously. What we think about ourselves and what it really is (or other people think about ourselves) are two different things. Very different

  11. #36
    SitePoint Member smileverse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how to answer because i don't have any experience as you say or not even able to think of that. Because everyone likes me in my circle. even the new person will like me as i am talkative, i respect others says, i do offer good hospitality etc.

  12. #37
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by php_daemon View Post
    So, by your own definition, what you've posted is driven by the want to be accepted or liked. Yet saying you don't care what people say is hardly a way to get accepted or liked. Evidently, we're not always seeking acceptance or being liked in each and every thing we do.

    I'd say, our primary motivation of everything we do is to make ourselves feel better. That may or may not include being accepted or liked.
    i complety agree with yur statement of "I'd say, our primary motivation of everything we do is to make ourselves feel better. That may or may not include being accepted or liked." But what i wwrote was not ment to be "liked" it wasmy form of an OPIONION:a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.
    people may or may not like me what what my opionion is but it is up to me whether or not to decifer to alter the way i am on the importance of the type of person. if yu were someone i cared about i would have apolojized, or gone about my staement a different way. but everyone on here is here for opions or different views, and that was mine

  13. #38
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    8
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If its your own fault as to why people arent liking you such as being depressed all the time, or because your not friendly then I think it would be a good time to change those characteristics about yourself. However, if they dont like you just because then who cares about what those people think. I have many friends but i also have many people who don't like me because we view things differently and I could care less. I would rather stick up for my own views and beliefs then be fake to have someone like me.

  14. #39
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    4
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If no one liked me, i think i will started thinking if what is wrong with me? I know all of us have our unique personalities but every personality we had, i know that
    there's always a person who will gonna like it. some of us seeing the imperfect person perfectly.

  15. #40
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know a lot of people don't like me, but I don't care what people think of me.PLZ live your life in your way without any bother of what other people think.

  16. #41
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i will just forget everything about that person and won't think of him/her for even a single second.

  17. #42
    Non-Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just ignore them.There is a lot of people in this world and for sure some other people don't like them also..

  18. #43
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont care like or dislike of people i live my life the way i want...

  19. #44
    Non-Member koolasma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Pakistan
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i'll love myself simple

  20. #45
    SitePoint Member elitebag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    China
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You should know you are not a perfect person.You can't let everyone like you.

  21. #46
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like everyone.....this is my ability to adjust and understand everyone.....

    if no one likes me.........then that is their disability in understanding me....rite!!!

  22. #47
    SitePoint Guru
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Huntsville AL
    Posts
    689
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being liked is over rated. Being feared, now that is useful.

  23. #48
    SitePoint Mentor silver trophybronze trophy

    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Preston, Lancashire
    Posts
    1,377
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Well, I would think to myself "Nobody likes anybody", then I'd feel a lot better about myself and begin to start liking myself. :P
    follow me on ayyelo, Easy WordPress; specializing in setting up themes!

  24. #49
    SitePoint Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If know one likes me i just do what i want to without carring about any body

  25. #50
    SitePoint Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am also very introvert and most of time, i am very shy. But, i know that be yourself is very important, you don't have to push yourself to change your personality. However, in a society full of people, you have to change yourself slightly to fit in. Try to make more friends, and find out the reason why people don't like you and then correct them. Good luck!


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •