SitePoint Sponsor

User Tag List

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The site is up and running, but if anyone has any opinions, then please let me know;
    http://members.tripod.co.uk/ffo/

I doubt that anyone will find anything of interest there, though!

Thanks in advance!

------------------
    The Fixed Odds Forum

Your Lord and Master, Foamy gold trophy Hierophant's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ~~~ This site is approved ~~~

The fact that your Homepage has a fixed with table and the subpages have a variable width table is a little off-putting. You need to be more consistent in the table size so your visitors are made more comfortable.

The blue bar on the left side of the page should be extended to balance out the page a little more evenly.

Your font is a little small. Try restricting each line to about 8-12 words. When writing for the Web look at a Newspaper for examples. People on the Internet do quick reading and scanning just like in a newspaper. With small type and long lines its more like a novel or magazine where people take their time to read the text in depth.

Overall the site is good and with these improvements you will be well on your way to an excellent site.
    ------------------
    Wayne Luke
    WR Moderator
    Internet Media Provider

[This message has been edited by wluke (edited April 10, 2000).]

SitePoint Enthusiast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1.The logo seems unattached. You may want to raise the tables so the logo comes down closer to the main body and center it.

2. Get rid of the "home" under the logo.

3. There is alot of dead space on the home page you may want to move "poll" lower. & increase the font size to compensate.

4.You repeat information. You have the information in the main body as well as in the table to your right. It's confusing to me.

Michael Martin www.sclakes.com

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the help. I'm in the process of putting your advice into action. A lot of it I suppose that I was aware of but needed confirmation from someone else. Please keep them soming in! I'll post when it's been updated.

Thanks again.

Ollie

------------------
    The Fixed Odds Forum

SitePoint Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your logo was slightly off-center. It needs to be moved left a little. On 1024 X 768 your different table sizes are noticeable. Other than that I thought the site was interesting.

SitePoint Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, how's that? I am having one big problem though, that I'll refer to another forum, and that is getting the home page menu table to be the same size as the menu table in all the other pages. It must be something to do with the javscript that's in there.

Thanks for your help, though. I hope it's a bit better now, although I haven't changed the font size.

------------------
    The Fixed Odds Forum

Chris Duncan
    SitePoint Community Guest
    Good site except for the big gap at the bottom of the page. Are you planning to put something there?